Samwel, Thank you! and let's think

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2006
      Samwel, Thank you for your excellent work! You have already answered some of
      my questions below, but I send out my letter which I wrote yesterday. I'm
      happy that I'm not keeping up with you! Also, special thank you for involving
      women. It makes a big difference for our lab and also for Kenya. Andrius,
      http://www.ms.lt
      ----------------------

      Samwel Kongere, I am inspired by your words What a heroic idea, "men
      without food", which is very much our lab's foundation that every person can
      "work for free" at least a little bit, and thereby show where their heart is.
      Now I much better understand your deepest value "motivation through
      sacrifice". Certainly, we are called to respond with food, with work, with
      love. It's quite amazing - and challenging - how your value relates so
      directly to food and our need for it and beyond it.

      Yes, please start a Yahoo group named mendenyu@yahoogroups.com And sign me
      up and Francis and invite us all.

      Also, are you able to set up a bank account to which I could send you a wire
      transfer? Would that be best?

      Before I send you the money, let's write up an understanding of your project.
      We should include your team, your focus, and your long term interest. Please
      write about the people that you want on your team - Who are they? Where are
      they? What are their interests? What is the deepest value in their life, that
      includes all their other values? What is a question that they don't know the
      answer to, but intend to answer? It is best if they might write themselves.
      How will you help them participate online?

      Also, one idea is that you try to spread your resources more locally. So
      instead of 4 assistants at $100 each you could have, for example, 3 assistant
      leaders at $60 and 9 assistants at $20, which may have bigger impact, I think