Fw: Pictures from ACTWID KONGADZEM NGO activities in Bamenda, Cameroon

  • ACTWID KONGADZEM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2009
    Dear Franz, Janet ,Andrius and all,
    We read all the postings from Franz today and we were really impressed. We just decided now to give a quick response to part of the issues raised but we will be answering in parts because of the shortage of voltages which cause electricity failure at any minutes without prior notice here now in this cyber cafe so we will copy the references on our flash stick to go and read detailly in our office before completing the responses.
    Yes, we really researched on the solar energy usage here and our youths who are here now as our technicians told us and even tried out one experiment with an old computer screen which they recycled and it was now able to be used to watch movies on its screene using solar. This was very exciting for us all especially the youths. So we actually agree with Grahams idea and yours that we still need a lot of training, education and the technical know-how to use these solar batteries here.
    What we will like to let you know here to now is that we are very ready and set to continue to explore ways of using solar energy in Cameroon as a whole because we really have lots of electricity problems especially in our region.
    We are ready to continue to look for new alternatives and possibilities to expand the potential of solar energy here no matter how long it will take together with the; New Hope for Africa; Peace and Conflict issues that you refered us to .We understand that these are new technological fields and need more equipment and material that can be very expensive to afford but all the same we know that it is a job for long term and needs more planning etc etc
    We have two high technical schools in our region and they are ready to cooperate since all need solar in the nearest future. We are many but may have small means when it comes to finances and technology as rural women and youths for now but are all interested as a community or region in Solar Energy as a whole.
    TO BE CONTINUED
    Wendi and ACTWID board members in Bamenda, Cameroon