Wendi, what did you learn from your project?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2009
      Wendi,

      Thank you for writing.

      Early this year I funded a $100 project for you. Janet agreed to mentor
      you. And you would do several small projects and look for synergies
      amongst them? How did that go? What did you discover?

      Also, what kind of work could you do online? What kind of Internet
      access are you currently using? What kinds of small projects would you
      do on-the-ground?

      Dukiskes, Lithuania

      Dear Andrius, Janet and all,
      Thank you for all your endeavours made daily which we struggle to read
      all the postings you make so as to follow up the work you are doing for
      all of us.
      Where have you kept us now? We hope that you still remember us and our
      problems and projects too and that we are still included on your list too.
      We wait to hear from you both.
      Sincerely ACTWID members led by Wendi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2009
        Dear Andrius and All,

        Great minds think alike, as I was just mulling over this project and
        realizing we needed to cycle back to you!

        From some research Wendi and others at AK did (which they posted here), it
        appeared that they might not be able to make good use of DIY Solar products,
        which is what--in my view--the correspondence would be based upon. Please
        correct me if I misunderstood, Wendi and Graham.

        I wasn't sure myself how they would proceed from there, and the Rising
        Voices work focused my attention elsewhere thereafter.

        We have had great posts lately from Mark (thanks, Mark, I will respond to
        your post soon myself!) and Sam, mentioning solar power, so there seems to
        be a convergence of people thinking and acting upon their interest in
        exploring and utilizing it.

        Conversations here with Wendi, Graham, Sam, Mark, and others so interested
        would be of great benefit to us all. We might want to have some Worknets
        conversations too. Mark, what you're doing now sounds very intriguing, and
        might indeed prove both useful and empowering.

        We would like to work with Graham Knight too, who is here and who you know
        too, I think (I know Jeff does, because we had some 3-way emails a few years
        back...I assume you do too, as I think there was an OVF link to the
        correspondence and potential activities).

        It will be great for Wendi to share what she and AK did by way of research,
        and hopefully it can be useful as a springboard to next steps with solar for
        AK in some capacity, as well as for others so interested.

        Getting back to the past few months, from my end the interactive aspect did
        not evolve as we had originally envisioned. The other "small projects" you
        mention were linked to the solar project, which was the first point of
        discussion and activity. When that seemed to be a "no-go" for the present
        time, our activity together shifted more to the "Blogging Positively"
        project, and we have not yet returned to the solar.

        On that basis. how would you like to proceed, Andrius? I will not be able
        to be a mentor for awhile, because I am offline a lot now or focused on a
        couple other pressing projects for the next couple months. This is one
        reason for suggesting a discussion here with others interested in solar, a
        kind of peer education and activity that will benefit from "the more, the
        merrier".

        Wendi and other AK members may have some other ideas about what they can do
        for $100, or perhaps already have done a more substantial amount of
        work--equalling $100--which has been for their own edification (ie not
        posted publicly). If so, it would be great to post that now...and let the
        lively discussions begin!

        With blessings and best wishes to all, Janet

        > Early this year I funded a $100 project for you. Janet agreed to mentor
        > you. And you would do several small projects and look for synergies
        > amongst them? How did that go? What did you discover?
        >
        > Also, what kind of work could you do online? What kind of Internet
        > access are you currently using? What kinds of small projects would you
        > do on-the-ground?
        >
        > Andrius
        >
        > Andrius Kulikauskas
        > Minciu Sodas
        > http://www.ms.lt
        > ms@...
        > Dukiskes, Lithuania
        >
        > Dear Andrius, Janet and all,
        > Thank you for all your endeavours made daily which we struggle to read
        > all the postings you make so as to follow up the work you are doing for
        > all of us.
        > Where have you kept us now? We hope that you still remember us and our
        > problems and projects too and that we are still included on your list too.
        > We wait to hear from you both.
        > Sincerely ACTWID members led by Wendi

        17:54:00