How might we support democracy in Iran?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17 2:55 AM
      How might we support democracy in Iran?
      Sasha Mrkailo is following persiankiwi on Twitter.
      Avaaz asks for donations for Iran telephone exit poll.
      Andrius Kulikauskas, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt

      https://secure.avaaz.org/en/iran_vote_truth/?cl=255035240&v=3505

      LET IRAN SPEAK: Support the exit poll
      Confronted by a growing crackdown, millions of men and women are
      protesting across Iran, sparked by outrage at the mounting evidence that
      the Ahmadinejad government may have rigged and stolen Thursday's
      election (see video opposite).

      This is a crucial moment for Iran and the world. We can help by urgently
      organising a rigorous "exit poll" of Iranian citizens by telephone to
      ask how they voted, publicising the results in the media and helping
      spread the news in Iran.

      Over a third of the votes are at stake -- our poll can establish whose
      claims are credible. If we can raise $119,000 in the next 24 hours, we
      can release the results before the Guardian Council's review of the
      results is complete.

      We urgently need 10,000 of us to pitch in with a small amount each --
      support the exit poll now using the safe and secure form below.

      Donate below to find out how Iranians really voted: