Re: [holistichelping] Community currency for our endeavors and Mornflake outreach

  • ACTWID KONGADZEM
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2009
      Dear Andrius, Janet and all,
      Thank you for all your endeavours made daily which we struggle to read all the postings you make so as to follow up the work you are doing for all of us.
      Where have you kept us now? We hope that you still remember us and our problems and projects too and that we are still included on your list too.
      We wait to hear from you both.
      Sincerely ACTWID members led by Wendi

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2009
        Wendi,

        Thank you for writing.

        Early this year I funded a $100 project for you. Janet agreed to mentor
        you. And you would do several small projects and look for synergies
        amongst them? How did that go? What did you discover?

        Also, what kind of work could you do online? What kind of Internet
        access are you currently using? What kinds of small projects would you
        do on-the-ground?

        Dukiskes, Lithuania

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2009
          Dear Andrius and All,

          Great minds think alike, as I was just mulling over this project and
          realizing we needed to cycle back to you!

          From some research Wendi and others at AK did (which they posted here), it
          appeared that they might not be able to make good use of DIY Solar products,
          which is what--in my view--the correspondence would be based upon. Please
          correct me if I misunderstood, Wendi and Graham.

          I wasn't sure myself how they would proceed from there, and the Rising
          Voices work focused my attention elsewhere thereafter.

          We have had great posts lately from Mark (thanks, Mark, I will respond to
          your post soon myself!) and Sam, mentioning solar power, so there seems to
          be a convergence of people thinking and acting upon their interest in
          exploring and utilizing it.

          Conversations here with Wendi, Graham, Sam, Mark, and others so interested
          would be of great benefit to us all. We might want to have some Worknets
          conversations too. Mark, what you're doing now sounds very intriguing, and
          might indeed prove both useful and empowering.

          We would like to work with Graham Knight too, who is here and who you know
          too, I think (I know Jeff does, because we had some 3-way emails a few years
          back...I assume you do too, as I think there was an OVF link to the
          correspondence and potential activities).

          It will be great for Wendi to share what she and AK did by way of research,
          and hopefully it can be useful as a springboard to next steps with solar for
          AK in some capacity, as well as for others so interested.

          Getting back to the past few months, from my end the interactive aspect did
          not evolve as we had originally envisioned. The other "small projects" you
          mention were linked to the solar project, which was the first point of
          discussion and activity. When that seemed to be a "no-go" for the present
          time, our activity together shifted more to the "Blogging Positively"
          project, and we have not yet returned to the solar.

          On that basis. how would you like to proceed, Andrius? I will not be able
          to be a mentor for awhile, because I am offline a lot now or focused on a
          couple other pressing projects for the next couple months. This is one
          reason for suggesting a discussion here with others interested in solar, a
          kind of peer education and activity that will benefit from "the more, the
          merrier".

          Wendi and other AK members may have some other ideas about what they can do
          for $100, or perhaps already have done a more substantial amount of
          work--equalling $100--which has been for their own edification (ie not
          posted publicly). If so, it would be great to post that now...and let the
          lively discussions begin!

          With blessings and best wishes to all, Janet

          > Early this year I funded a $100 project for you. Janet agreed to mentor
          > you. And you would do several small projects and look for synergies
          > amongst them? How did that go? What did you discover?
          >
          > Also, what kind of work could you do online? What kind of Internet
          > access are you currently using? What kinds of small projects would you
          > do on-the-ground?
          >
          > Andrius
          >
          > Andrius Kulikauskas
          > Minciu Sodas
          > http://www.ms.lt
          > ms@...
          > Dukiskes, Lithuania
          >
          > Dear Andrius, Janet and all,
          > Thank you for all your endeavours made daily which we struggle to read
          > all the postings you make so as to follow up the work you are doing for
          > all of us.
          > Where have you kept us now? We hope that you still remember us and our
          > problems and projects too and that we are still included on your list too.
          > We wait to hear from you both.
          > Sincerely ACTWID members led by Wendi

          17:54:00