More work for Mornflake video contest outreach

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      Leon Benjamin http://www.winningbysharing.net of The Law Firm provided
      Minciu Sodas with 5,000 GBP of work to make a list of 500 UK online
      communities and engage 100 of them, acknowledging the support of
      Mornflake cereal http://www.mornflake.com and their online video contest
      http://www.mornflakecompetition.com See Leon's post here:
      http://tinyurl.com/q7b7yw

      Here is a list of the communities:
      http://www.worknets.org/software/ukocselect.php?group=outreachoutcome
      I will go through the more recently engaged groups and right up the
      team and how we engaged the communities. Otherwise, we have listed and
      engaged enough groups and have completed this part of our work.

      Stuart Oliver is also working for Leon and The Law Firm. Stuart and I
      spoke today about more work that Minciu Sodas will do for 1,000 GBP. (I
      will be in touch primarily by phone with Stuart and also sharing letters
      here with Leon and all.) Our work is to engage the most promising UK
      online communities, those that are receptive to our outreach, would like
      to work together with us, allow us to credit Mornflake when we help
      their projects, and might encourage participation in Mornflake's online
      video contest. We will work until July 10. (The contest runs from June
      15 to July 19.)

      Some communities that come to mind include:
      * Kerry Santo's Scary Birds http://www.scarybirds.com
      * Neil McEvoy's On Demand Network
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ondemand-network/
      * Vinay Gupta's Global Swadeshi http://www.globalswadeshi.net
      * Kudocities London http://kudocities.com/cities/london (and Edinburgh,...)
      * SelfSufficientish http://www.selfsufficientish.com
      * Harringay Online http://www.harringayonline.com
      and more. It's a variety.

      Who would like to help with this work?

      I will keep 500 GBP for myself and reserve up to 500 GBP for our team
      and also for the communities that we work with. For example, a premium
      account at Kudocities costs 24 GBP and perhaps Masimba or Thomas or one
      of us would like to become a member and be active there? That could
      possibly make sense.

      What's the most effective way to structure the 500 GBP for our team? I
      ask for our thoughts. John Rogers leads Cyfranogi
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cyfranogi/ on community currency,
      alternative economy, participatory society. He asks, "What is the
      purpose of a community currency?" My purpose here is to open up
      conversations across communities that are willing to let Mornflake and
      its contest be part of that conversation.

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania