Re: [holistichelping] Rachel agrees that Leon lead Voiceful/Janet's Response: Rachel and Leon/SMS

    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2009
      Dear Andrius, Leon, and All,

      Hello and thanks for this letter, Andrius! There is some sad news--in terms
      of Rachel--but also some very exciting news, in terms of Leon!!

      Leon, a HUGE welcome, and I/we look forward so much to working with you! I
      hope that those who have signed up for Voiceful, formerly Rachel's group,
      will want to stay in the forum. It would be great to work towards some
      "synergistic" goals--related to "winning by sharing", peace, Kenya, women,
      health, Mornflake, the arts--all subjects that reflect the interests of
      Rachel, Leon, and the members of Voiceful.

      Can we hear from some current Voiceful members, to ascertain how the
      Voiceful forum might remain relevant to them, both during and after the
      transition to being Leon's group?

      Leon, what are your interests and goals for Voiceful--or what it will
      become, in name and substance, with you leading--beyond or in addition to

      I wonder if we should consider keeping Voiceful as a forum, whether or not
      it is active in the present time, especially if Leon will have his own
      forum? My vote would be to keep Voiceful "on the books" as a Yahoogroups
      forum--creating a new forum for Leon in the process--with the idea that
      someday Rachel might return in a more active way, or at least want to keep
      posting about her continuing peace activities in Kenya, perhaps more a blog
      format, which could also be valuable for her and for us.

      Rachel, you have contributed so much to own endeavors and also to our
      collective "soul", and I hope that at some point you will want to return, or
      at the very minimum keep us posted about your activities, and how we might
      be helpful. You can always do this at Holistic Helping too.

      You are part of our family now, so your "voice" will be ever-alive as a
      memory, a spirit, and a hope for the future, even if it is not visible or
      embodied in some ongoing, "present" way.

      I have posted a couple weeks ago with my view that there are "issues" for MS
      Lab members to address, including about inclusion--perceptions and
      realities--and feelings that members may have about not fitting in. These
      are concerns and challenges that any "family" faces, or any group of people
      who work-learn-grow-share together--as we do--and these issues need to be
      addressed head-on sometimes, in order for there to be a continuing sense of
      connectedness and belonging that is at the heart of what it means to be a

      I hope we can address these issues, so that we can expand into greater
      circles of inclusiveness and caring. And that members who might have felt at
      some point "excluded", will feel a greater sense of inclusion, respect,
      acceptance, and camaraderie.

      Andrius and Leon, I will post your request to some Kenya-related tech
      forums, and hopefully will get a response soon. I will also keep my eyes
      posted for related opportunities, as I get a fair amount of mail with an
      "ICTs and Kenya" focus.

      Will close for now with a hearty "hello", a fond farewell (which I will
      never think of as "good-bye"), and greatest blessings to all, Janet