We start to engage UK online communities
- Leon, Joanne, Sasha, Thomas, Masimba, Fred and all,
I've built some scripts for our wiki with which I can make batch
changes. For example, I've added
* UKOCContact =
to each of the pages for the UK online communities.
And I've also added Joanne's instructions
* UKOCMornflakeVideoContest =
and you can see the list here:
You'll see Joanne has indicated either:
* ApproachEngage - which means that she will approach them regarding the
online video contest and we can also engage them regarding food stories
* OnlyApproachForFoodStories - which means that we approach them to help
promote their food stories and we mention Mornflake only by way of
* DoNotApproach - which means that we should not approach them because
Joanne (and I and we) think they are not interested and so it's
counterproductive. They can approach us through our wiki.
We'll use this same field to indicate who of us engaged them (often the
person who added them) and the outcome so far, with links.
* UKOCMornflakeVideoContest = May 6, Andrius added ShopWithUs link
http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Masks and MyFoodStory link
http://www.myfoodstory.info/view.php?pagepath=New2144 and left a couple
of messages for founder VinayGupta but received no response so far
* UKOCContact = VinayGupta http://www.globalswadeshi.net/profile/VinayGupta
* UKOCMornflakeVideoContest = May 8, JanetFeldman asked that we not
engage her group.
* UKOCContact = JanetFeldman
(Thank you, Janet, for your letter! and I encourage you to register your
HH domain at your earliest convenience and assign ns.elnet.lt and
ns2.elnet.lt as the DNS name servers and we'll host for free your
website in the Public Domain.)
Every such response, favorable or not, is important to register through
the pages. It shows people that we're caring and respectful. We want
to reflect well on Mornflake and everybody.
Here's a response that we received so far about our directory:
CraigBellamy: Thanks for this wonderful list. I have found it most
useful and will blog it!
Craig studies "digital humanities developments".
Next steps for us now are:
* Sign up for communities that Joanne encourages us to engage and that
* Edit the UKOCMornflakeVideoContest metadata for the page for each such
community so that we know what you're doing (just like I did above).
* Look for their food stories and share some at My Food Story
http://www.myfoodstory.info you can add them here:
and the password is MinciuSodas
* Look for their services that you think are positive and add them to
our ShopWithUs directory http://www.shopwithus.org by adding metadata *
ShopWithUs = ... at any of our wiki pages.
* Make a profile page at their site where you write about your interests
and also include your work to help Mornflake http://www.mornflake.com as
a participant in Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt
* Consult with me before you start to engage them.
We need to engage at least 100 communities and we can do many more.
You can start with communities where you are already active or which you
already know, even if they are not based in the UK.
This will take some practice.
Let's go! and stay in touch through letters, our wiki and our chat room
+370 699 30003