Re: [holistichelping] Engaging other communities in terms of food stories

    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2009
      Dear Andrius and All,

      Thanks for all of the interesting and creative activity happening lately,
      around Mornflake in particular. I have been in a situation lately where I
      have been overtaken by a huge number of pressing concerns and activities, so
      my apologies for not being more engaged lately.

      I do have some questions-issues that I would like to discuss after the
      Mornflake work is more behind us, related to our collective work together,
      including building of a "culture".

      For now I want to say that, in terms of engaging communities, I would love
      engagement with ActALIVE members, but ActALIVE is an organization addressing
      HIV/AIDS and related issues, as embodied in the Millennium Development

      For the time being in particular, until I have more time to assess synergies
      with some of the projects here and ActALIVE member activities and focus, I
      do not think engagement around food stories or Mornflake would be

      I would want to build a mutual interaction more slowly, and with the idea
      that ActALIVE would benefit, by which I mean both the members and the
      organization. I am not referring to money or anything along those lines.
      More like idea, contacts, networking, and true support for ActALIVE.

      In the past, there has been a pattern where individuals, organizations, and
      project partners took from ActALIVE (including my own energies and caring)
      and did not give back. I need to ensure that this pattern does not continue.
      I will be eager to engage if I and we can find truly mutual opportunities to
      do so.

      I actually see more synergy with KAIPPG (www.kaippg.org), as food
      (agriculture and nutrition, as well as food security) is one of our primary
      focal points. I would like to revisit the idea of setting up
      www.holistichelping.org, as the FoodStories project fits very well in that

      With greatest thanks and looking forward to discussing and "growing" the
      engagement of our various communities! All best wishes and blessings, Janet