Engaging other communities in terms of food stories

    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2009
      I ask for our thoughts about engaging online communities, starting with
      our own.
      Can we try this out amongst ourselves? I think of:
      * Marcin Jakubowski http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/
      * Vinay Gupta http://www.globalswadeshi.net
      * Edward Cherlin...
      * Franz Nahrada...
      * Pamela McLean...
      * Steve Bosserman...

      Minciu Sodas will be engaging other communities as a goal in its own
      right as we also make known Mornflake cereal and their online video contest.

      I think the most effective pitch is simply to ask:
      * if they'd like to link up with other communities and work together
      * if alongside values, questions, endeavors - presenting "food stories"
      might be a practical project for learning about each other and
      supporting each other
      * how might we best share their stories? and promote their participants?
      * do they have other suggestions for working together?
      * do they want to look for ways for enterprises to support such outreach
      and connections
      * as an example of that, we're applying resources we're gaining from our
      work to promote the Mornflake online video contest

      I appreciate our thoughts because I'd like our food story collection at
      http://www.myfoodstory.info to highlight people's online communities as
      much as possible. I will write and work more tomorrow.

      Meanwhile, thank you to Sasha Mrkailo and Masimba Biriwasha for
      collecting more UK online communities. I sent out 200 USD to Fred
      Kayiwa and 200 USD for Josephat Ndibalema (to share with William
      Wambura) and 250 GBP to Masimba Biriwasha.

      Good night,

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2009
        Dear Andrius and All,

        Thanks for all of the interesting and creative activity happening lately,
        around Mornflake in particular. I have been in a situation lately where I
        have been overtaken by a huge number of pressing concerns and activities, so
        my apologies for not being more engaged lately.

        I do have some questions-issues that I would like to discuss after the
        Mornflake work is more behind us, related to our collective work together,
        including building of a "culture".

        For now I want to say that, in terms of engaging communities, I would love
        engagement with ActALIVE members, but ActALIVE is an organization addressing
        HIV/AIDS and related issues, as embodied in the Millennium Development
        Goals.

        For the time being in particular, until I have more time to assess synergies
        with some of the projects here and ActALIVE member activities and focus, I
        do not think engagement around food stories or Mornflake would be
        appropriate.

        I would want to build a mutual interaction more slowly, and with the idea
        that ActALIVE would benefit, by which I mean both the members and the
        organization. I am not referring to money or anything along those lines.
        More like idea, contacts, networking, and true support for ActALIVE.

        In the past, there has been a pattern where individuals, organizations, and
        project partners took from ActALIVE (including my own energies and caring)
        and did not give back. I need to ensure that this pattern does not continue.
        I will be eager to engage if I and we can find truly mutual opportunities to
        do so.

        I actually see more synergy with KAIPPG (www.kaippg.org), as food
        (agriculture and nutrition, as well as food security) is one of our primary
        focal points. I would like to revisit the idea of setting up
        www.holistichelping.org, as the FoodStories project fits very well in that
        setting.

        With greatest thanks and looking forward to discussing and "growing" the
        engagement of our various communities! All best wishes and blessings, Janet

        >I ask for our thoughts about engaging online communities, starting with
        > our own.
        > Can we try this out amongst ourselves? I think of:
        > * Marcin Jakubowski http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/
        > * Vinay Gupta http://www.globalswadeshi.net
        > * Edward Cherlin...
        > * Franz Nahrada...
        > * Pamela McLean...
        > * Steve Bosserman...
        >
        > Minciu Sodas will be engaging other communities as a goal in its own
        > right as we also make known Mornflake cereal and their online video
        > contest.
        >
        > I think the most effective pitch is simply to ask:
        > * if they'd like to link up with other communities and work together
        > * if alongside values, questions, endeavors - presenting "food stories"
        > might be a practical project for learning about each other and
        > supporting each other
        > * how might we best share their stories? and promote their participants?
        > * do they have other suggestions for working together?
        > * do they want to look for ways for enterprises to support such outreach
        > and connections
        > * as an example of that, we're applying resources we're gaining from our
        > work to promote the Mornflake online video contest
        >
        > I appreciate our thoughts because I'd like our food story collection at
        > http://www.myfoodstory.info to highlight people's online communities as
        > much as possible. I will write and work more tomorrow.
        >
        > Meanwhile, thank you to Sasha Mrkailo and Masimba Biriwasha for
        > collecting more UK online communities. I sent out 200 USD to Fred
        > Kayiwa and 200 USD for Josephat Ndibalema (to share with William
        > Wambura) and 250 GBP to Masimba Biriwasha.
        >
        > Good night,
        >
        > Andrius
        >
        > Andrius Kulikauskas
        > Minciu Sodas