Next steps for our outreach for Mornflake

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2009

      Thank you for sorting through the entries in our UK online community
      directory. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will put up your information in our
      database. I will create a new field "UKOCEngagements" with values such as:

      * UKOCEngagements = DoNotEngage
      (for communities that you think we should not engage)

      * UKOCEngagements = MyFoodStory
      (and then we'll add information about who and when engaged them and what
      response they got)

      * UKOCEngagements = MornflakeOnlineVideoContest (JoanneJacobs will
      engage) and MyFoodStory
      (and likewise you and we can edit accordingly)

      As you write, you'll engage the communities whose members might be
      directly interested in the Mornflake cereal online video contest.

      I'll write and show you a query to communities (and their members) if
      they might contribute stories to our MyFoodStory collection
      * that would help make transparent our world's food supply chain
      * that would welcome people to join the community whose members
      contribute the stories
      * that would be in the Public Domain and could be used by people for
      projects such as making videos for the Mornflake cereal online video contest
      I will explain that our Minciu Sodas lab has some resources as part of a
      marketing campaign to make Mornflake known. We're creating in the
      Public Domain a directory of UK online communities and they might
      clarify how we might present them. We're exploring ways that on the
      basis of "food stories" people could understand, support and engage each
      other and help their communities and enterprises work together.

      I'll take a fresh look at our MyFoodStory website
      http://www.myfoodstory.info and consider how we might highlight the
      communities (and websites) where all might best engage the people in the
      stories. "Food stories" help us think in terms of people's reality.

      We've collected more than 250 online communities (thank you to Sasha
      Mrkailo for cleaning up some of our records) and we need to collect
      about 250 more in the next ten days. We should survey the regions that
      we need more records from, including the counties.

      Tomorrow I will send out money to Fred Kayiwa and Josephat Ndibalema and
      Masimba Biriwasha. Last Wednesday I wired 1500 USD to Samwel Kongere
      and will provide instructions soon. I sent 250 GBP to Thomas
      Chepaitis. I have sent money to my Moneybookers account to send to
      Sasha Mrkailo.

      Thank you all for help. We're on track and we'll receive more
      instruction. We need to involve more people! as we add more communities
      and get ready to engage some of them as Joanne selects and directs. I
      will write more.

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania