Re: [holistichelping] REGIONAL CONSORTIUM........Final preps time is near

  • ronald omondi
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hello Tom and Samwel
      I must say that am impressed with the work that you two have done this sides of the region. Its through this efforts that our communities shall see great change that we so desire. About the conference as you prepare the list i would wish to say that we try not to bring in politicians because it is politics that have brought about the untold suffering that we see in the region today. Lets seek solutions that impact more to the day today lives of our people.
      The high rate of imigration to urban centres is being brought about by lack of motivation, support and mentoring of individuals whom look at finding greener grass in the big cities only to be dissapointed when they fail to succeed.
      Currently amm involved in a project with a women group on how to commercialize the local poultry that we rear in our homes.
      More to come later take care and all the best

      RONALD OTIENO OMONDI
      NYANDO DISTRCIT YOUTH INITIATIVE
      P O BOX 1 AWASI, KISUMU
      KENYA.
      TEL 254 722 480 811

      Message 2 of 7 , May 4 8:41 PM
        Dear Tom, Sam, and All,

        Wonderful to hear from you, and this is very exciting! Have you considered
        some small fee for those attending--at least a sliding scale, and free to
        those in true hardship--as that might help you close the gap. I wonder
        whether the government would do something? You might even reach out to
        travel agencies in that area.

        Are there some businesses, civic groups, Rotary clubs, and/or environmental
        groups who could contribute something? Or universities?

        I wish I could give you more concrete leads, but hopefully this is a step in
        the right direction. If I can think of other suggestions, I'll post them
        here asap.

        With greatest blessings and excitement, Janet

        > Am greatfull for all your input and hardwork in developing comunities
        > individuals and groups in kenya ad africa,the regional consortium will
        > take pace at the exxelent magere guest house in kisumu city..Sam how is
        > your list of attendance in kisumu the number is already huge ,so we must
        > decide who comes as they are qualified.
        > We are looking for 2500 usd to really have our conference i july ..we are
        > already in the month ,we therefore apeal for assistance on this,the mayor
        > of kisumu city SAM OKELLO will be attending and openning it ,he has
        > vowed to givesomething soon.
        > We are looking for friends,organisations ,foundations ,groups and
        > indiviuas to help.
        > The sucess of tis conferene will bring down to 1percent rural urban
        > migration and so it really aneed here as majority engage in crime for alck
        > of jobs as they migrate to urban to look for employment,be sure to surport
        > it fully,finacially,with advice or become resoucefull in finding those
        > whom we can link with.
        > For any questions
        > Contact.
        > TOM OCHUKA