Report showing our UK online communities

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2009
      Joanne, Leon, Sasha, Thomas, Masimba, Dennis, Samwel, Fred and all,

      I have put up a report on the UK online communities we have collected.
      (So far 317 in all).
      http://www.worknets.org/software/ukocmetadata.php

      Joanne, please let me know how I might best organize this for you.
      Early next week, I plan to add information (from Alexa) about the number
      of hits that each community gets, and correlate that with the amount of
      activity. Also, I can make a map of the UK like this:
      http://www.pyramidofpeace.net/map.php
      pointing to regions, counties and cities of the UK, if that would help.

      Sasha, please check the regions and make a list of the regions and
      counties that we still need to get some records for. Please help our
      team members get communities from the regions we need.

      Also, Sasha (and all), please help standardize the UKOCGeographics and
      UKOCDemographics records.

      Everybody, please help teach others to collect UK online community entries.

      I won't be online much today because tomorrow I'm opening the second
      part of my art exhibit. You can see here:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50525222@N00/
      Thank you to Ana Ilic and Zdenka Mrkailo for videos and photos of Ana!

      After Friday, I'll be able to work full time on our research. I hope to
      write my thoughts today about how we might engage online communities to
      encourage participation in the Mornflake online video contest.

      Yesterday I sent 1,500 USD (including two anonymous donations) by wire
      transfer to Samwel Kongere. I will distribute our funds to our team
      members next week.

      Joanne, Leon, I look forward to talking with you tomorrow. At what time?

      +370 699 30003
    • Samwel Kongere
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2009
        Tom, Andrius, Denis, and all,

        I have been planning burial of the tragic death of
        Perez Audi who i nurtured when i was at (CCF)
        Christian children's Fund INC!. She had enrolled for
        high school exams, it is a police case.
        Tom i am happy with your leadership, i have received
        calls from others. I am making my final list for the
        consortium. We might use Kisumu as our base and would
        be laboratory to organize open thinkers for open
        knowledge. I need those willing to attend consortium
        to register on this contact us link website
        www.friendsofrusingaisland.org
        Andrius i update you after the burial on Tuesday.
        Samwel.