[Interfaith_Immigration] Fwd: Gender and Migration Virtual Communit: yUnited Nations International Research and

  • dorinda moreno
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2009
      thanks to: JYurkanin@...
      Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:57:32 EDT
      Subject: [Interfaith_Immigration] Fwd: Gender and Migration Virtual Community

      ____________________________________
      From: John.Tuskan@...
      To: REFUGEEHEALTH-L@...
      Sent: 4/22/2009 7:11:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
      Subj: Gender and Migration Virtual Community

      Dear Colleague,

      I am pleased to announce that United Nations International Research and
      Training Institute for the Advancement of Women (UN-INSTRAW) is
      launching a new Gender and Migration Virtual Community.

      http://www.un-instraw.org/grvc/index.php?lang=en

      The community seeks to create a space for those who share an interest in

      gender and migration to debate and reflect on issues in the field, share

      information and learn from each other. The Community acts both as a
      network for dialogue between civil society groups, international
      organizations, governments, and researchers and as an information hub,
      by creating a space for its members to share publications, resources,
      contacts, and information about upcoming training and funding
      opportunities.

      Despite women's growing role as independent migrants, their increasing
      participation in the sending, receiving and managing of remittances, and

      the evidence pointing to the necessity of including a gender perspective

      in development programs, very few studies have looked at gender,
      migration, remittances and development. How do global care chains work?
      How will the financial crisis affect migration and remittance flows?
      What are the best practices for migrant associations? Over the next few
      months the community will be considering these issues and more. Members
      of the community will also have the opportunity to start discussions of
      their own, ask for information, and share articles, documents,
      publications, news items and events.

      To register for the virtual community please click here.
      http://www.un-instraw.org/grvc/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=reg
      isters&Itemid=62&lang=en

      To read more about the community please click here.
      http://www.un-instraw.org/grvc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article
      &id=3&Itemid=23&lang=en

      Please feel free to share this invitation with colleagues who may be
      interested or to contact me if you have any questions. I do hope you
      will join us!

      Sincerely,

      Laura Olsen

      --