Re: [holistichelping] Great to Hear from Lenny-Benoit-Maria!/"Biographies" and gathering data

  • Leonard Boniface
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2006
      Dear Agness,Janet,Benoit and all,
      Thanks all for the E-maiils.The conference went very well.I learned more on how people are very kindly in this part of the world,making all the efforts to combat HIV/AIDS in Africa and have solidarity,torelance and initiatives for social change.It was great experience and the President of the International AIDS Society and AIDS 2008 was among of presenters.My workshop went well.Solid is the one of the greatest organization in arranging things and make real progress needed.I'll write more later.

      On the project of "biographies" book,surely,I will involve also the people in grassroots with no internet access through schools contact and churchs as you've suggested Maria.

      Yes, Janet,that idea is great,i have been taliking to SOLID and their partrners as a Gulf Island Secondary School,delegates from those other countries and we are forming a colition with an action plans to realise some goals and nice going on.Various people at the conference said hello to me for you Janet.

      It's nice to hear from you all and will be more than happy to respond always as soon as I can.

      With kind regards,
      Leonard

      Janet  wrote:
      Hello Dear Everyone!

      Great to hear abt the conference going so well, Lenny, and excited abt the linkages being made, not only there (between you and Meron, SOLID, other participants) , but for future activities. It would be wonderful if a connection could be made, re ICTs and learning centers, between Tanzania-Lesotho- Kenya-Canada- Italy-USA, and hopefully Zimbabwe, Uganda, and beyond.

      Benoit, it would be terrific if Lenny can visit you in Edmonton. Interestingly, there is a link to myself and Lenny in that suggestion, in terms of music. Lenny is a songwriter-musician , among his many other talents, and in Edmonton, One World Beat--of which I'm news editor--always has a great showing during the festival, from the Edmonton Small Press to Bill Bourne and the Change for Children nonprofit.  Hope Lenny will perform during OWB 2007!  Would love for you to be involved too, Benoit!!  How far is Edmonton from Toronto, where I think Lenny is usually based?

      Maria, always exciting to hear from you, and your question--abt gathering info from non-wired youth (re "leadership bios")--is very pertinent. We need to find ways to do this in all endeavors, and am sure Lenny is thinking abt this too. Let's brainstorm further when he's done with the conference and gets settled back in Toronto again...Lenny, what are your plans or ideas on this so far?

      With greatest thanks and love, Janet