From Concerned Migrants: The File for Mr Osarumwese David Asemota's case: Clémentine Gagnant,Geneva. Mireya Pen a, The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights

  • dorinda moreno
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2009
      Dearest friends, Janet and Andrius, I have forwarded Mr. Prince
      Adegoke Fusigboye recent postings of Holistic Helping that he become
      familiar with this resource for studying how this may help in his
      service to the migrating populations from Nigeria and other regions,
      who are now in Morocco and other parts of Europe.

      Am forwarding the below exchange as a means of introduction and with a
      request for guidance in this area of concern which Mr. Fusigboye has
      taken on as a developing NGO.

      Your recommendations are guidance in his moving forward is appreciated.
      Sincerely
      Dorinda Moreno
      FM Global

      From: Concerned Migrants <concerned.migrants@...>
      Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:21:53 +0000
      Subject: Fwd: This Will Help You In Discovering The File.
      To: fuerzamundial@...
      Cc: concerned.migrants@...

      dm,
      quite a year that we lost one of our member whom the case was referred to
      the office of high
      commissioner for human rights, and the case was being handled then by Ms
      Clémentine Gagnant,Geneva.
      The woman said then, that, she won't be in office comes 2009 and that I can
      contact someone
      there for the outcome. See below, the letter sent to the new official in
      charge of ohchr. Mireya Pena, and the reminding past message, hence I will
      locate the response made to the questions below.

      prince r.a.adegoke fusigboye.
      cordinator-global.
      concerned migrants group(c-m-g)woirldwide.
      morocco.
      usa spokesperson: dorinda moreno.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2009
        Dear Dorinda, Prince, Andrius, and All,

        It's wonderful to hear from you, but very sorry to know that yet another
        migrant has been mistreated and died. This is happening far too often, from
        the USA to South Africa, and from Europe to the Middle East.

        Whether it is people looking for a better life, or to help struggling
        families back home, or whether instead the migrations have been forced,
        there are huge numbers of migrants worldwide, even more so with the
        unsettled world economy. Sometimes migrants are treated with respect and
        dignity, but more often they are met by fear and anger, and in too many
        cases, violence and death.

        There are some orgs working in this area, and you might contact them. A few
        are USA-based, so you could even call (Human Rights Watch, Human Rights
        First, and Immigrant Solidarity). Migrant Watch would be an excellent
        resource and advocate, I think, as would Amnesty International.

        I hope this is helpful, and please keep us updated. As Dorinda says, the
        "wheels of justice" often move slowly, far too slowly for those aggrieved.
        The case will be high profile, however, being with the HR Commissioner, so
        that's a good thing, in its own way. These other orgs might be helpful in a
        more speedy manner, and you also could try contacting human-rights orgs
        within the country (Morocco in this case). Human Rights Watch and others
        undoubtedly have a presence there too.

        With very best wishes and blessings for keeping alive the case and memory of
        a migrant who should not have died. He will have a "living legacy" if you
        can create more awareness and concern for migrants generally. That is
        invaluable and meaningful work, regardless of whether we ever know the
        specifics about his treatment and death.

        Yours in solidarity, Janet (Feldman, kaippg@...)

        http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/index.aspx and
        http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/about_us/contact_us.aspx

        http://www.migrantwatch.org/ and migrantsrightsinternational@...
        http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/ and info@...
        (USA-based)

        http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/feature-stories/migrants-rights-are-human-rights-20071218
        and http://www.amnesty.org/en/contact

        http://www.hrw.org/ and http://www.hrw.org/en/contact-us

        wrote:

        Madam,
        Thank you for the conversation yesterday.But I shall be glad if we can
        let all our discussion be documented for future references.The moment we
        finished the conversation yesteday,infact,all simply disappeared into the "
        thin air ".
        Concerned migrants shall be expecting to read from you soon in respect
        of Mr Osarumwese David Asemota's case.

        Kindest Regards,
        Prince R.A.Adegoke Fusigboye ( Cordinator - Global ).
        Fuerza Mundial : 'We Are The Ones We Have Been Waiting For'
        USA Spokesperson: Dorinda Moreno.

        *SPD Intern10
        <**Sintern10@...*<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackBrownUnityCommunity/post?postID=rFCELaQyLvarm3db8LZ7_CHwJUEe7mqEXNsGz9qvV6YjjEfwormU-MmF7jA7PNc9ABnn7kzoWtFHje-W1Rg>

        --
[...]