Urgent Action Fund Africa: Rapid-Response Grants to Support Women's Rights (Dorinda-Ifie, Kenyans, AK)

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13 3:00 PM

      Dear Janet,

      I work for the Urgent Action Fund-Africa, which provides small rapid response grants of up to US$ 5000 to support women working to advance their rights.

      Kindly ask women to respond to the 20 questions below.

      Best regards

      Emma

      Emma Bowa
      Programme Officer, Grantmaking Programme
      Urgent Action Fund- Africa
      2nd Floor, CVS Plaza, Lenana Road
      Tel/ Fax +254 20 230 1740
      Email emma@...
      www.urgentactionfund-africa.or.ke

      Proposals should include the following information:

         ORGANISATIONAL INFORMATION

      1.       Name and address of the organisation making the request (physical address/ phone/ fax/ e-mail).

      2.       Name and title of the contact person.

      3.       Organization’s mission or main focus of work and when it was formed.

      4.       Number of women working for the organisation and positions held.

      5.       Names, contact information and roles of other groups involved in your proposed action (if applicable).

      6.       List your current and previous sources of funding.

      7.       Provide at least two names and current contact information for organizations or funders who can endorse your work. (Including phone numbers and e-mail address).

      8.       How did you learn about the Urgent Action Fund-Africa?

      THE SITUATION

      9.       Briefly describe the situation of women’s rights in your country.

      10.   Provide a detailed description of the event that has led to your proposed action. When did this event occur?

      11.   What makes this situation an opportunity for advancing women’s human rights?

      12.   Was this situation unanticipated?  Explain.

           THE URGENT ACTION

      13.   Describe the proposed response to the situation. What is the intended result?

      14.   Why is the proposed action time-urgent (Why are the funds needed at this time)?

      15.   How many people will benefit from this action? (Directly and indirectly).

      16.   How will this grant help support a broader strategy for advancing the rights of women in the region?

      17.   How can you demonstrate that the groups involved have the capacity to carry out the proposed action and build on this opportunity in future work?

      18.   What is the amount of the request? Please provide a detailed budget

      19.   What other sources of support are available for this effort?

      20.   Should the information about this request be kept confidential? If yes, please indicate why, to what extent and for how long.

    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14 10:50 AM
        Dear Janet,
        Thank you very much for the information. We will also like to try it out too and you will be one of our referees.
        We hope you had a nice Easter celebration with your entire family.
        Kindly accept greetings from all of us in ACTWID KONGADZEM NGO in Cameroon.
        Sincerely ACTWID members led by Wendi

        Email emma@urgentactionfu nd-africa. or.ke