Re: [holistichelping] Dorinda Moreno and Ifie Lott: please give us updates about your important work!/grant info posted next

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2009
      Hi Janet,

      Dorinda Moreno left some messages at our wiki http://www.worknets.org
      which I share with you at Holistic Helping.

      ---------------------------

      Added to PatrickHumphreys
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?PatrickHumphreys> Sat, 04 Apr 09
      03:05:57 +0000 Dorinda Moreno: hello, i am a great grandmother committed
      to youth leadership development for over 4 decades in the indigenous and
      ethnic communities. i would like to share our mantra that has guided me
      for 4 decades from an anonymous source: we the unwilling led by the
      unqualified have been doing the unbelievable for so long with so little
      we now begin the impossible with nothing... who which i quickly add,
      that there is no thing as nothing, we have each other and that is
      everything.. hope that this gives you the strength it is served us for
      such a long time. never be discouraged, no matter how hard it may seem
      to attain our goals. dorinda moreno <fuerzamundial@...>

      Added to Ricardo <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Ricardo> Sat, 04 Apr
      09 03:31:10 +0000 DorindaMoreno
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/DorindaMoreno&list=Welcome/DorindaMoreno%7CDorindaMoreno>:
      Ricardo <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Ricardo>, appreciated your
      vast technologial experience and your appreciation for Central and South
      America. Please look to Mexico <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Mexico>
      and the indigenous community in the U.S. and north also, we are an
      entire continent that can utilizee the services provided by this
      resource. i have a 40 year archive on this area of work and can
      personally use a lot of support and am just getting started. Thanks for
      the inspiration. <fuerzamundial@...>

      Added to Assistance <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Assistance> Sat,
      04 Apr 09 03:53:54 +0000 DorindaMoreno
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/DorindaMoreno&list=Welcome/DorindaMoreno%7CDorindaMoreno>:
      Our 40-year Archive
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Endeavors/Archive>, Arbol de Vida, and
      organizational construct has at its root with the Ethnic Studies
      departments in the universities of the U.S., from which I worked in
      developing 'La Raza, Chicano, and Women
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Women>'s Studies-- which our archive
      (indigenous/women) represents. Support
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LivingByTruth/Support> needed in grant
      proposal writing, fundraising, and developing our global network for
      bringing the survival priorities of the indigenous villages to resolve
      and fruition. Our info services benefit grass roots efforts in all media
      resources, radio, print, internet, community organizations and projects,
      human rights advocates, artists, and social change activists from the
      global village to public awareness, point of view. Also, a total
      communications upgrade for developing our documentary from our archives;
      are working on a pictorial publication of the women of our local,
      national and global project, "Yes We Can / Si Se Puede 'School the Youth
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Youth> on Truth
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Truth>, l968-2008-2048' Time
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Time> Capsule Commemoration. Favorite
      projects we support: PoisonFire
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/PoisonFire&list=Welcome/PoisonFire%7CPoisonFire>,
      Ifie, Niger; PursesOfPlenty
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/PursesOfPlenty&list=Welcome/PursesOfPlenty%7CPursesOfPlenty>,
      Oaxaca <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Oaxaca> Villages Traditional
      Market for Survival; Richard Oakes, Mohawk Warrior, Alcatraz Occupation,
      Family <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Family> Trust. Women
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Women>'s projects in Juarez, Mexico
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Mexico> and Guatemala for the murdered
      and disappeared & more. All ideas, recommendations, donations of
      material, medical and economic aid, humbley accepted. <FuerzaMundial
      <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/FuerzaMundial&list=Welcome/FuerzaMundial%7CFuerzaMundial>@...>

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2009
        Dear Andrius and Dorinda,

        Immense thanks for posting more info about Dorinda, Andrius, as per her wiki
        entries. It would be great to have a Worknets chat sometime, and I will hope
        to pick up on some possible collaborative threads as soon as I am done with
        a project that I am working on now (writing a guide on blogging around
        HIV/AIDS issues).

        Dorinda, we are honored to have you among us, and I'm delighted that you've
        been writing to Ricardo and Patrick, in addition to Holistic Helping and
        myself!

        In sisterly and supportive spirit (and with brotherly love to all :)), Janet

> [...]

        >> I have long known something about Shell in Nigeria, as I belong to a
        >> number
        >> of environmental organizations, but "Poison Fire" (www.poisonfire.org) is
        >> such a powerful and detailed indictment.
        >>
        >> How can we be of help, Ifie, and also to you, Dorinda, about whom I/we
        >> would
        >> also like to know more?
        >>
        >> I am going to post a grant opportunity for you and others in our forums,
        >> and
        >> hope this will be helpful. It is an opportunity for women specifically,
        >> esp
        >> those working on human-rights issues in their communities. Ifie would
        >> seem
        >> to be an ideal candidate for this one.
        >>
        >> With greatest thanks for your invaluable work--both of you--and looking
        >> forward to communicating and hopefully collaborating in some way!

        06:39:00