Dorinda Moreno and Ifie Lott: please give us updates about your important work!/grant info posted next

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2009
      Dear Dorinda, Ifieniya, and All,

      How marvelous to read from you and about you, and my apologies for taking
      some time to respond. I have read with excitement about Ifie and her
      creative background, and with immense admiration mixed with sadness for what
      she is doing now, and the toll this has taken on her life.

      I have long known something about Shell in Nigeria, as I belong to a number
      of environmental organizations, but "Poison Fire" (www.poisonfire.org) is
      such a powerful and detailed indictment.

      How can we be of help, Ifie, and also to you, Dorinda, about whom I/we would
      also like to know more?

      I am going to post a grant opportunity for you and others in our forums, and
      hope this will be helpful. It is an opportunity for women specifically, esp
      those working on human-rights issues in their communities. Ifie would seem
      to be an ideal candidate for this one.

      With greatest thanks for your invaluable work--both of you--and looking
      forward to communicating and hopefully collaborating in some way! Blessings
      and very best wishes always, Janet (Feldman, kaippg@...)

      From: fuerzamundial <fuerzamundial@...>
      Subject: : Ifie, award, campaign , global women
      To: "Grace Cheung" <gracec@...>
      Cc: "Ifie Lott" <ifie@...>, "Campaign For Migrants
      Rights" <campaignformigrantsrights@...>
      Date: Tuesday, 13 January, 2009, 11:48 PM

      Dear Grace, it is indeed a disappointment that such important work be
      limited to only two candidates chosen, and we congratulate the two
      women whose 'Voices of Courage' will be heard.
      Thank you for your work and we pray that in the future more women as
      Ifie are able to receive the needed support for continuing their work.
      Sincerely, Dorinda Moreno

      On 1/13/09, Grace Cheung <gracec@...> wrote:
      Dear Dorinda,

      Thank you for nominating Ifieniya Lott as a candidate for
      the 2009 Voices of Courage Award.

      This year we received many nominations for refugee women
      and youth leaders working for change. We were very moved by their life
      stories and tireless work, yet the committee was forced to choose only
      two individuals in the end. Regretfully, as we were so limited, Ifie
      was not among them. Reaching a decision on the finalists was very
      difficult, as each individual has such a courageous and heroic
      background in the face of adversity.

      Thank you for your support of the Women's Refugee
      Commission and our Voices of Courage Awards. We look forward to
      hearing more about the courageous individuals you encounter in your
      work as we seek candidates to honor in future years.

      Best regards,
      Grace Cheung | Communications Manager
      Women's Refugee Commission

      GraceC@... | 212.551.3088 | skype.
      gracewcheung

      womensrefugeecommission.org

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2009
        Hi Janet,

        Dorinda Moreno left some messages at our wiki http://www.worknets.org
        which I share with you at Holistic Helping.

        ---------------------------

        Added to PatrickHumphreys
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?PatrickHumphreys> Sat, 04 Apr 09
        03:05:57 +0000 Dorinda Moreno: hello, i am a great grandmother committed
        to youth leadership development for over 4 decades in the indigenous and
        ethnic communities. i would like to share our mantra that has guided me
        for 4 decades from an anonymous source: we the unwilling led by the
        unqualified have been doing the unbelievable for so long with so little
        we now begin the impossible with nothing... who which i quickly add,
        that there is no thing as nothing, we have each other and that is
        everything.. hope that this gives you the strength it is served us for
        such a long time. never be discouraged, no matter how hard it may seem
        to attain our goals. dorinda moreno <fuerzamundial@...>

        Added to Ricardo <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Ricardo> Sat, 04 Apr
        09 03:31:10 +0000 DorindaMoreno
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/DorindaMoreno&list=Welcome/DorindaMoreno%7CDorindaMoreno>:
        Ricardo <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Ricardo>, appreciated your
        vast technologial experience and your appreciation for Central and South
        America. Please look to Mexico <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Mexico>
        and the indigenous community in the U.S. and north also, we are an
        entire continent that can utilizee the services provided by this
        resource. i have a 40 year archive on this area of work and can
        personally use a lot of support and am just getting started. Thanks for
        the inspiration. <fuerzamundial@...>

        Added to Assistance <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Assistance> Sat,
        04 Apr 09 03:53:54 +0000 DorindaMoreno
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/DorindaMoreno&list=Welcome/DorindaMoreno%7CDorindaMoreno>:
        Our 40-year Archive
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Endeavors/Archive>, Arbol de Vida, and
        organizational construct has at its root with the Ethnic Studies
        departments in the universities of the U.S., from which I worked in
        developing 'La Raza, Chicano, and Women
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Women>'s Studies-- which our archive
        (indigenous/women) represents. Support
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LivingByTruth/Support> needed in grant
        proposal writing, fundraising, and developing our global network for
        bringing the survival priorities of the indigenous villages to resolve
        and fruition. Our info services benefit grass roots efforts in all media
        resources, radio, print, internet, community organizations and projects,
        human rights advocates, artists, and social change activists from the
        global village to public awareness, point of view. Also, a total
        communications upgrade for developing our documentary from our archives;
        are working on a pictorial publication of the women of our local,
        national and global project, "Yes We Can / Si Se Puede 'School the Youth
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Youth> on Truth
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Truth>, l968-2008-2048' Time
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Time> Capsule Commemoration. Favorite
        projects we support: PoisonFire
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/PoisonFire&list=Welcome/PoisonFire%7CPoisonFire>,
        Ifie, Niger; PursesOfPlenty
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/PursesOfPlenty&list=Welcome/PursesOfPlenty%7CPursesOfPlenty>,
        Oaxaca <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Oaxaca> Villages Traditional
        Market for Survival; Richard Oakes, Mohawk Warrior, Alcatraz Occupation,
        Family <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Family> Trust. Women
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Women>'s projects in Juarez, Mexico
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Mexico> and Guatemala for the murdered
        and disappeared & more. All ideas, recommendations, donations of
        material, medical and economic aid, humbley accepted. <FuerzaMundial
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?action=edit&id=Welcome/FuerzaMundial&list=Welcome/FuerzaMundial%7CFuerzaMundial>@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2009
          Dear Andrius and Dorinda,

          Immense thanks for posting more info about Dorinda, Andrius, as per her wiki
          entries. It would be great to have a Worknets chat sometime, and I will hope
          to pick up on some possible collaborative threads as soon as I am done with
          a project that I am working on now (writing a guide on blogging around
          HIV/AIDS issues).

          Dorinda, we are honored to have you among us, and I'm delighted that you've
          been writing to Ricardo and Patrick, in addition to Holistic Helping and
          myself!

          In sisterly and supportive spirit (and with brotherly love to all :)), Janet

> [...]

          >> I have long known something about Shell in Nigeria, as I belong to a
          >> number
          >> of environmental organizations, but "Poison Fire" (www.poisonfire.org) is
          >> such a powerful and detailed indictment.
          >>
          >> How can we be of help, Ifie, and also to you, Dorinda, about whom I/we
          >> would
          >> also like to know more?
          >>
          >> I am going to post a grant opportunity for you and others in our forums,
          >> and
          >> hope this will be helpful. It is an opportunity for women specifically,
          >> esp
          >> those working on human-rights issues in their communities. Ifie would
          >> seem
          >> to be an ideal candidate for this one.
          >>
          >> With greatest thanks for your invaluable work--both of you--and looking
          >> forward to communicating and hopefully collaborating in some way!

          06:39:00