Andrius's art exhibit and Public Domain Fashion

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2009
      Ana,

      Thank you for your letter about Public Domain Fashion. I think that is
      a very concrete topic for Global Villagers and I hope others might join
      us to make progress and link that with other projects. I also share
      with Rachel Kungu's group Voiceful and
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/voiceful/ and with Janet Feldman's

      Ana, thank you for your excitement about my upcoming art exhibit, April
      17 - May 7, which is my very first, and will be held at the Uzupis
      Galera in the Republic of Uzupis (of which Tomas Cepaitis if Foreign
      Minister). I am following your advice and making a large and colorful work
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LT/PavasarioDarbai
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50525222@N00/
      based on my drawings of my algebra students in Bosnia as they were
      taking my exams.

      As you can see, it will be a large work, 10 meters x 2.5 meters (the
      height of the room). And then after the opening I will work on more
      paintings that I will add to it. Indeed, this work is like a "living
      wall" which will start out as a half-circle and then I will cut it up
      into four segments and intersperse five new large pieces.

      My work is "alive" because I was drawing real students who actually move
      around quite a bit and so I capture them from different angles at the
      same time. I need a new model who I could draw and paint, a "muse". I
      thought, it would be wonderful if you might be my model. I would like
      to draw and paint you several times as you work on a hard problem, like
      my math students, so I could show the drama in that. But then I
      realized that it would be great if you worked on a real life problem in
      Public Domain Fashion, that is, if you showed how you work on creating a
      fashion from start to finish, including thinking through ideas,
      sketching designs, sewing and cutting and measuring. The physical work
      of sewing, cutting, etc. would be great metaphors for the thinking
      process, too.

      If you agree, then the best for me would probably be if I had a video of
      you doing such work. Perhaps Zdenka could film you with a video camera
      because I think she would understand what is interesting to film. I
      need especially to see your upper body seated - your face and your hands
      at work - mostly from the front, mostly just a steady camera so that I
      could note and draw your natural, unconscious movements. You could also
      wear the clothes that you normally work in, but also you could wear your
      Public Domain fashion. I would like to draw about six or seven pictures
      in all of you to show the progression of the drama of your work on a
      hard problem.

      Would you agree? Then you would have video material for your Public
      Domain Fashion which we all could use. I could send you $100 for you to
      share evenly with Zdenka for your work on this. If you agree, then it
      would be good if I could have the video by Saturday, April 18 so I could
      start working!

      Also, I invite us to contribute art and photos on the topic of "solving
      problems" that we might include in my "living wall". The idea is that
      the "living wall" is in the Public Domain and people are encouraged to
      take something from the wall and add something to it, and everything on
      the wall enters the Public Domain, and we can register the works on the
      Internet, too, and then people can learn what happens to them, while the
      wall keeps evolving. I hope that the wall can make it to Serbia and Bosnia.

      The topic of my wall is "solving problems" and I note that Samwel
      Kongere's (and Tom Ochuka's, Kenneth Chelimo's) upcoming sustainability
      conference in Kisumu on July 1-3 is a focal point of our lab's work
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Kisumu2009
      so we might keep thinking how to organize ourselves around their efforts.

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania

      ana ilic wrote:
      Hi,splendidly people Minciu Sodas !Ana,is finaly internet access(-to
      move )

      Andrius, I am so much delidhted with your disidet to make first arts
      exhibit and if I can help, I wish to support you.
      Express your feelings on large format size ,throw colors to ,to be in
      top shape like you wish to say something essentially.
      And you welll be taken by surprise!

      I must to reguest for help abouth possibility to realization Public
      Domain Fashion in three direction,

      1.We need web publishing,site or web page for Beby-tumbler games.Who can
      do that?
      I well make drawings pattern,we have video and photograph.

      2.We need web page for Pulic Domain Fashion collection
      "Panonski Mornar"-"Panonss Sailer",

      3.And web page for Public Domain Fashion Sher or Public Domain Fashion
      Change,give suggestion for names...

      I enjoyed in every moment in London,
      Andrius,Claudija,Zdenka,Franc,Yamos,Jovita,Sasa,Samvel,Zenos,Irena,Reichel...Minciu
      Sodas ,
      thank for support in beautiful moment and in hard situation(Frankfurt).
      Andrius on which address we have to send consignment with ticket and
      money for rebooking,you and Sasa are gud rescue team,thank you.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2009
        Dear Andrius and All,

        This is so exciting, and I/we extend hearty congratulations and very best
        wishes for this special event!! I love your approach of combining art and
        science, and using your creativity in special and unique ways .

        This mirrors the linkages present in our world and universe, yet sometimes
        not evident in our sometimes-limited human perception, in which we think of
        art and science as being in separate spheres. We need to "see" and build
        upon the connections and synergies, if we are ever to truly address human
        and planetary challenges.

        I recall the wonderful story Barbara shared when you visited in January,
        about your quick thinking to help a mother and child in distress. For
        everyone, Andrius saw strife happening between a woman and her young son,
        and decided to get out his sketchbook and engage the child in artistic
        activities. This immediately calmed and redirected the situation, clearly
        demonstrating the power of creativity to transform and uplift (as well as
        the genius of a budding artist :))).

        I look forward to exploring in our forums all forms of art, including
        fashion, and how we can come "alive" with creative passion!!

        Artistic Affections Always, Janet

> [...]
        > And you welll be taken by surprise!
        >
        > I must to reguest for help abouth possibility to realization Public
        > Domain Fashion in three direction,
        >
        > 1.We need web publishing,site or web page for Beby-tumbler games.Who can
        > do that?
        > I well make drawings pattern,we have video and photograph.
        >
        > 2.We need web page for Pulic Domain Fashion collection
        > "Panonski Mornar"-"Panonss Sailer",
        >
        > 3.And web page for Public Domain Fashion Sher or Public Domain Fashion
        > Change,give suggestion for names...
        >
        > I enjoyed in every moment in London,
        > Andrius,Claudija,Zdenka,Franc,Yamos,Jovita,Sasa,Samvel,Zenos,Irena,Reichel...Minciu
        > Sodas ,
        > thank for support in beautiful moment and in hard situation(Frankfurt).
        > Andrius on which address we have to send consignment with ticket and
        > money for rebooking,you and Sasa are gud rescue team,thank you.

        10:27:00