Samwel, how are you provoking yourself?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
      Samwel,

      I liked your letter on "Sustainability is a poor teacher!'' I didn't
      quite understand you. But I think what you meant is that, if things are
      going well for a person, then will they be interested to learn? Are
      Americans or Europeans interested to take big leaps or are they hoping
      to get by with tiny changes? Minciu Sodas is thriving in Africa (thanks
      to your help!) because Africans are willing to participate in entirely
      new approaches. The global economic crisis opens up business opportunity
      for our lab because people may take a fresh look at what we have to
      offer (like global teams or Public Domain learning materials).

      Samwel, I appreciate your leadership and how you've inspired many people
      in our lab, both in Africa and around the world.

      Independent thinkers provoke themselves; dependent thinkers are provoked
      by others. So if you provoke people, then are you fostering dependent
      thinking or independent thinking?!

      Samwel, my question is, how are you provoking yourself? What don't you
      know that you would like to know? What do you want to investigate?

      We then understand you as a leader, somebody who provokes themselves,
      and invites us by their example to provoke ourselves, too.

      Your trip to London is a great investment by our lab, by myself and our
      participants in London. Also, you are representing all of us. It's not
      enough that you benefit, but that you help others benefit, too. Also,
      it's good if your projects might strengthen our lab, where that's possible.

      So please write more: What is it that you don't know that you'd like to
      discover? What would you like to achieve after you have stopped working
      as a community organizer? What would you like to accomplish in London?
      What kind of people would you like to meet there? What would you like to
      achieve in London for other people who you know? What is your plan for
      Mendenyo in the coming year?

      Who are "you guys"? Is that how I treat you? Why should anybody give you
      funds? What are you offering? And is that what we are all about?

      Your answers help me understand that I'm doing the right thing by
      purchasing your ticket to London. I know many good things about your
      work in the past. But please write about your work with me and others in
      the future. What will that mean for you? And what could that mean for
      our lab?

      I can fly you to London or I can save the money. I'd prefer you come!

      If you do come to London, I will need your help, and all of our help, to
      keep our expenses at a minimum, and to be as light a burden as possible
      on all who will help us. We are coming to work. We have very few resources.

      Samwel Kongere wrote:
      > Andrius,
      > I wanted to provoke thinkers and surely i have
      > provoked them. You wanted me to role out what i expect
      > from my London visit. I need support for the
      > consotium, funds and nothing else to tell the people
      > truth starting from us.
      > I know Tom Ochuka, and Ken Chelimo are feeders to my
      > thoughts. The budget is what matters and it starts
      > with you guys.
      > Lets put our focus together.
      > Samwel.
      > --- Benoit Couture <benoitctr@...> wrote:

      Dear all,

      I am preparing another community focus on Sustainable Local Community
      Responsible Tourism and Agriculture this year (2009), after 2008 on
      Female empowerment on Information Communication Technology and
      Entrepreneurship, I ask myself why? sustainability is a poor teacher? Is
      success a poor teacher? Or which is which?
      We learn about ourselves when we fail. So, do not be afraid of failing.
      Failing is the process of the success. You must have success without
      failing. So; does it mean; unsuccessful people; are people who never
      fail? It is not unemployment which matters, it is about who you are’
      keep striving you will become somebody. Quit and you become
      somebody……but you are the same person again; I think it is all about
      becoming who you are!!!
      My Malaria leader Hibrahim’ usually calls me dog-fool” and encourages me
      to keep on failing and success is at the conner, this to him, these are
      funniest words he remained my mentor. A mentor’ is someone who had done
      what you want to do …….and successful at doing it. Do not find an
      adviser. I think an adviser is someone who tells you how to do it. Most
      of the advisers are selfish, ego-centered people. Be careful of the
      advice you take, you must keep your mind open, always be first aware of
      which advice is coming from where.
      My mentor Andrius, taught me about systems of independent leadership,
      thinking, networking in the public domain. A leader has to be a leader
      of people not a manager of people, why? Managers see their subordinates
      as inferiors. Leaders must direct people, they are smarter. After I
      dropped my predicament on volunteer and enclave of unemployment; began
      researching, networking, contributing my social understanding among
      other independent thinkers (leaders) on Public Domain issues: I found
      out that there were sincerely and diligently building successful
      networks and the globe. When I met these comrades virtually on www.ms.lt
      <http://www.ms.lt/> and discussion groups, I saw impact of independent
      thinking on other people’s lives and financial futures. I began to truly
      appreciate the value of the networking on public domain issues.
      Anywhere, I was learning to overcome my fears of being rejected and
      stopped worrying what other people will say about me.
      To learn to lead people, working with different kinds of people
      Hardest thing about success are those who are actually natural leaders.
      Surely, the ability to get long and inspire is a priceless skill. I
      found out in MS. Lab. I said “skill can be learned”.
      In conclusion, ongoing long term, educational programs, to develop you
      as a human being with self confidence is vital on the right side of
      relevant thinking development of success. I therefore, congratulate the
      leadership intertwined on the: Accessing, Reusing public sector and data
      in Minciu Sodas Lab which will continue to upgrade my social and
      community development background.
      Let us have another thinking day.
      Samwel.
    • Samwel Kongere
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2009
        Fine Andrius,
        I am at a position and have roled out, made many ideas
        before but taking and using peoples ideas in the
        public domain is a matter of concern for me and other
        Kenyans and everybody. What i have is at simple stage
        and global stage, i have have a clear focus on
        sustainable local community resposible tourism and
        agriculture, and my thinking can be challenged at a
        level but how can some community focus be misused? I
        am very aware of my endeavours, community and and a
        full plan of what i can achieve, they can achieve? To
        some extent the community as well as me should achieve
        a goal. My last question is are the donors other
        communities in the world understanding our cause,
        needs and ideas and if so or not? How can we change
        our trends? And, if we cannot change them through the
        available media then we better leave working on their
        behalf (community). I can go further if i like, but if
        you allow me let me keep the community peace of
        interests private at cases. I know our needs' i do not
        want to act beyond odds, i have worked in community
        malaria control for nine years but the implementation
        stage is still a dream post. Who will score? The goal
        keeper or the defender, forwarders, or spectators or
        it is a draw? The concept might be same but wordings
        different?
        Samwel.

        === message truncated ===