Comments at our Worknets hyperwiki

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2009
      Hi Ricardo and all,

      Today I should have worked on my NordPlus proposal but I woke up early and
      was a bit lazy so I worked on our new website:
      http://www.worknets.org/en/
      It's a front end for our wiki (we're using Helmut Leitner's fractal
      ProWiki as our engine). Franz Nahrada and I call it a hyperwiki. It
      splits the screen up into one, two, three, four or more panels, depending
      on the activity. The default is two panels: one for reading, and one for
      commenting. You can, for example, browse:
      http://www.worknets.org/en/?page=Sneakernet&a=wf
      and there is a menu:
      http://www.worknets.org/en/?page=Sneakernet&b=wm
      The commenting system is now working. I invite us to try it out.

      We got some comments at our wiki which I acknowledge. Ricardo you can see
      the latest comments (in the current system) at the bottom of the main page
      at http://www.worknets.org (they all get copied onto that page wherever
      they may be made). The new system will store the comments in a database
      and I appreciate your thoughts on how to bet present them for people who
      might respond.

      I include several below that you might be interested in, and also one
      request regarding Marcin Jakubowski's saw mill. And Hi to Aigars Bruvelis
      in Latvia, and Stephen McGill and others from today's marvelous chat on
      "blogging positively (HIV/AIDS)" I invite you and all to join any of our
      working groups at http://www.ms.lt/news.php

      We're getting ready for our London meeting. Samwel Kongere is in Nairobi,
      Kenya and will apply for a visa on Monday. Zdenka and Ana in Serbia will
      apply in Belgrade on Wednesday. We wish you success!

      As regards my Afghanistan proposal, I see that blogger Nasim Fekrat is now
      studying in the US at Duke university.
      http://www.afghanlord.org
      And there are quite a few Afghan bloggers at the group blog:
      http://www.afghanpenlog-en.blogspot.com/

      Good night,

      -----------------------------

      Added to LaptopUsersGroup Tue, 10 Feb 09 13:19:26 +0000 Evelyn: Ricardo,
      thanks for your support in promoting ICT usage and awareness, especially
      in Eastern Africa. It is of great use to us and our communities.

      Added to OpenSourceEcology/Sawmill Wed, 18 Feb 09 04:39:33 +0000 francis:
      i want made a sawmill for me bad i dont have a plans for the estructure if
      any body can help me sending me a plans whit mesures...please..help me :
      my email is juanfco.daniel@...

      Added to Asif Thu, 19 Feb 09 18:16:01 +0000 Odongo ochieng: It's a fair
      thing to continue sensitizing kenyans of their uknown rights.wat some
      media houses are doing is comendable.

      Added to Chat Mon, 23 Feb 09 03:36:45 +0000 JOHNSON-EL: WE NEED TO START
      THE TRUTH 612588-9330

      Added to Mon, 23 Feb 09 16:58:45 +0000 nagaraj B.G.: I AM ABLE ACTIVATE
      THE INTERNET IN MY MOBILE NO.9448030512, Bangalore it is indicate that
      there is packing in mobile.

      Tue, 24 Feb 09 18:34:26 +0000 anjan: do you know any Website/ workNet/
      social network though which I can get in touch with retired professionals
      with specific domain or functional knowledge

      Added to Thu, 26 Feb 09 12:08:00 +0000 umatiwete@...: please send me
      your Dar es Salaam Telephone number

      Added to GprsPhoneComputerSystem Thu, 26 Feb 09 16:02:34 +0000 Samfield:
      Please can someone sent me the step to install opera 4.1 in my nokia
      6500.when installing it write fail to connect to internet .PLEASE HELP
      ME.My email is samfield4christ@....I hope to hear soon

      Added to Thu, 26 Feb 09 17:10:44 +0000 Samwel Kongere: Our focus is
      Sustainable community local responsible tourism and agriculture 2009

      Added to AndriusKulikauskas Thu, 26 Feb 09 23:55:11 +0000 Stephen mcGILL:
      I will like to become a part of this project. Thanks for such great work.
      Thinking with creativities

      Added to ToDo Fri, 27 Feb 09 09:06:27 +0000 Aigars Bruvelis: Hi. I am very
      pleased to see things are moving. In Latvia there is considerable
      awakening to the fact that it can not continue they way it has been. The
      technology and resources are there, but the level of life is... taken
      away.

      Everything below is self funded not for profit work in free time.

      We are launching several projects: - idea portal - share and vote for the
      ideas - electronic democracy www.panks.lv/ (test version)

      - exchange and LETS portal - alternative economic approach to the shortage
      of the money supply maini.stikpoint.com/do/login (not ready yet - admins
      can log in currently)

      - Latvia against GMO products - the aggressive expansion of Monsanto in
      Europe is threatening agricultural independence. We are doing
      translations, interviews, publications and other activities to spread the
      word parveseligulatviju-bezgmo.blogspot.com/

      email: abruvelis@...

      Added to InstantIntroduction Fri, 27 Feb 09 17:43:59 +0000 Jostein:
      Interested in HIV Blogging, working with the World AIDS Campaign

      Added to InstantIntroduction Fri, 27 Feb 09 20:08:56 +0000 zoneziwoh:
      hello i am zoneziwoh, freelance writer, Tv talk show host check out my
      works at; www.thesop.org/html/writers.php?writer=zone

      sub south sahara africa.

      it's been an honor for me to be part of this wonderful knowledge
      upbringing forum today. thanks

      Added to ChatLeader Fri, 27 Feb 09 20:35:47 +0000 Stephen McGILL: This is
      my first time on here and I need soem help

      Added to Meet Fri, 27 Feb 09 20:37:18 +0000 Stephen McGIILL: I guess I got
      in late