Re: [holistichelping] Fw: Insights, Axioms & Nuggets... #75

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2009
      Dear Benoit and All,

      I love it!! Thanks so much...I was alternately inspired and tickled pink! These are a great source of inspiration, comfort, wisdom, and humor. Please pass along BIG kudos and appreciation to John!

      Here's another one I've run across recently, from an American president--Franklin D. Roosevelt--who added a droll but thought-provoking twist to the adage:  "the early bird gets the worm":

      "We rarely stop to consider, when admiring the luck of the early bird, the great misfortune of the early worm!" :))))))

      Here's hoping that "late is better than never"!! With a smiling spirit and loving laughter, Janet

      From: John Caswell <john@...>
      Subject: Insights, Axioms & Nuggets... #75
      To: benoitctr@...
      Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 12:57 AM

      "Respect is love in plain clothes." - Frankie Byrnes

      "Our consistent thinking patterns create our experience. By changing our thinking we also change our experience." - Suzi Gablik

      "Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours." - Ayn Rand

      "Your life is an occasion; rise to it." - Dustin Hoffman in "Mr. Magorium"

      "This is our destiny."  - Jamal (Slumdog Millionaire)

      "Civilization advances by extending the number of important operations which we can perform without thinking about them." - Alfred North Whitehead

      "When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier." - Roy Disney

      "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

      "New ideas are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common." - John Locke

       "It is only as we develop others that we permanently succeed." - Harvey S. Firestone

      "Dream your dream. Follow your heart. Imagine. Listen to the wind. Drink sunsets. Be free. Let the wonder never cease. Believe. Wish on EVERY star. Create adventure. Be Kind." - Debbie Coulter

      And finally...

      "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

      "Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you." - Winston Churchill

      More of the quotes that he gathers at:
      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to benoitctr@... by john@....
      Group Partners | 32 St James's Street | Mayfair | London | United Kingdom | SW1A 1HD | United Kingdom