Re: [holistichelping] Chat about Pyramid of Peace, Thursday, 12:00 noon Nairobi

  • Rachel Kungu
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2009
      Hi Andrius, Janet and all,

      Am sorry I was away for meetings thus was not able to be online, It was a good initiative and I really appreciate that you want to hear what others have to say and may be generate an idea from the discussion. I hope all went on well.

      Regards

      On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM, <ms@...> wrote:

      Hi Andrius
      how about a chat on Thursday 19-Feb-2009 at 9AM UK time
      (GMT), 12:00 EAT, in the Worknets Chatroom? Do you know if the chat
      room is free at that time, not booked for another topic?

      http://www.worknets.org/chat/base/

      We can discuss the Pyramid of Peace issues, linking to Worknets, use
      of personal contact data, etc.

      Ricardo

      ------------------------------

      Ricardo,

      Yes, I share your invitation to chat. I hope Rachel and others can come
      as well, all who are interested.

      I invite us to think about the different norms that we have for privacy
      and how we can satisfy them as best we can. We can also do some
      on-the-spot fixes at our wiki and websites.

      I invite us to think what kind of web interfaces would be useful for us.
      My overall plan is here:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Interface
      and examples of what we can do are at the Minciu Sodas main page where
      we're making use of metadata from our wiki pages:
      http://www.ms.lt
      the map of Kenya that links to our Pyramid of Peace work:
      http://www.pyramidofpeace.net/map.php
      and we could list, for example, our events and project deadlines on a
      calendar and time stream.
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Events

      Rachel, I'm very interested that we think how we might help you and the
      youth you work with as they were key to our success together. I have a
      great regard for their participation and I hope to know their thoughts.

      Saturday, Kivyavilo Msekwa is hosting our first offical web lessons for
      HTML. Please join him starting Saturday, February 21st, 13:00 East Africa
      Time, 10:00 London time.

      I spoke today with architect Claudia Czerkauer. She will host Zdenka and
      Ana from Serbia. So I hope soon to provide them with invitations. I need
      places for Fred Kayiwa and Samwel Kongere to stay, at least officially, so
      that they can have that address in their invitations.

      Rachel Wambui Kung'u
      Executive Director
      Voluntary Youth Philanthropists
      P.O.Box 19705-00202