Koffi Annan - letter to Business community

  • Rachel Kungu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2009
      Dear Andrius,

      Its is a good idea to get money from the business community in Kenya,
      for the work done during the violence in Kenya, However, It would have
      been much better to consolidate all the letters and came up with a
      proposal which could be funded by the business community as seed money
      to carry out initiatives in Kenya and other places of your wish, which
      could pay you and help in paying your loans. Thats my own idea. Its
      too bad i could not get the raw videos which could have helped me
      great to fundraise and maybe benefit many in Kenya who were in POP.
      you can use them to demonstrate the coordination of your work online
      and get funding for follow ups.

      If thats not possible for you and others involved, then I would kindly
      request you to remove the letters which are not conflict sensitive and
      especially the Mungiki letters otherwise, soon I will be past tense.
      Please note the sensitivity of the matter, sometimes I acted like out
      of consciousness, due to the pain and attachment to our country, it
      was worth to die then for a peace mission but not now when asking for
      refund.

      Andrius, I envy you and we have always agreed to agree or to disagree,
      If you write the letter to Koffi Annan please do not refer to the
      letter I sent you can quote some letters but do not disclose the
      identity. There is much more we are doing with youth militia but if
      they know that i put them at risk they will kill me first. We are
      working to help them out of the violence and they trust me as a person
      and i would not like to breach the trust but arrive at my goals of a
      world of friends not enemies.

      I would like to bring attention to all that conflicts & tensions are
      building up in the country due to the Waki and Kreigler report,
      corruption, maize scandal etc, thus any miscalculated move will cause
      blood shed in the country.
      --
      Rachel Wambui Kung'u
      Executive Director