Our website links

  • Kennedy Owino
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2009
      Dear Andrew and Janet,

      Please include the links below in Homely planet's event tomorrow, we hope to be actively involved in such events in the near future.
      You can also find an Audio recording on one of our percussion music below.

      www.nafsiafrica.org
      http://katherineglover.net/content/Kenya/
      http://video.aol.com/video-detail/nafsi-afrika-acrobats/3034394684
      http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=nafsiacrobats&view=videos
      http://www.frontloberne.dk/nyheder

      Most probably we may have our first percussion exchange programme with a performance group in Lithuania via video bridge on 20th March.
      I hope more video bridges may follow pretty much soon, please keep us updated on your events.

      I wish you all the best,

      Ken Owino
      Nafsi Africa Acrobats
      www.nafsiafrica.org
      +254723568251

      Subject: Re: WCAD: Nafsi Afrika Acrobats, Actwid Kongadzem, Friends of Rusinga Island, OVF, VYP, REPACTED/Andrew: urls
      To: "Janet Feldman" <kaippg@...>, holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, actalive@yahoogroups.com, nafsiafrikasaana@yahoogroups.com, voiceful@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: "ACTWID KONGADZEM" <actwid_k@...>, "Ken Owino" <nafsiafricaacro@...>
      Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 12:25 AM

      Re: WCAD: Nafsi Afrika Acrobats, Actwid Kongadzem, Friends of Rusinga Island, OVF, VYP, REPACTED/Andrew: urls Hello,

      This is just fantastic. I will add these URL’s today.

      Andrew

      On 4/2/09 0:23, "Janet Feldman" <kaippg@...> wrote:

      Hello Dear Friends,

      Wonderful to hear from you--Ken, Sam, Wendi, Rachel, Moges, Dennis, Jeff and Joy--and greatest thanks to you too!! It's fantastic to get your participation in some form, and I will give you some suggestions below on how to do that.

      For Andrew, I'll give you some urls to add to the list:

      www.peace-caravan.org <http://www.peace-caravan.org>   (Voluntary Youth Philanthropists, Kenya)
      www.kabissa.org/members/actwid <http://www.kabissa.org/members/actwid>  (Actwid Kongadzem, Cameroon)
      www.nafsiafrica.org <http://www.nafsiafrica.org>  (Nafsi Afrika Acrobats, Kenya)
      www.repacted.org <http://www.repacted.org>  (REPACTED, Kenya)
      www.friendsofrusingaisland.org <http://www.friendsofrusingaisland.org/>
      (Friends of Rusinga Island, Kenya)
      www.onevillagefoundation.org <http://www.onevillagefoundation.org>  (OVF-USA, Ghana)

      Moges, do you have a website for your work in Ethiopia?

      For WCAD, that is on February 17th. If you would like to participate in a radio program--this being broadcast on the Internet--you can send a recording of some kind to the N Ireland station I mentioned, Homely Planet.  If you have a radio station or radio web presence, or a link to one, you could broadcast something in honor of the day, either your own music or work, or hopefully arranging with Homely Planet to broadcast something that originates in N Ireland.

      The Homely Planet had suggested a poetry reading, either people reading and exchanging poems from their respective countries for airplay, or sending poems to be read and recorded by someone in the other country, then played back in the country where the poem originated.

      It would probably be easier if you could record some poems or other messages written and read by people locally to you, then send them to the Homely Planet. And they might be able to do the same. Hopefully you can get on the Internet and "tune into" their program, to hear your words being read!

      The simplest way to get involved this year is to send your url, which will be posted to show your support. If you want to organize something for that day, then send a notice/report abt that to Andrew.

      Ken, you have Youtube videos you could send in url form to the Homely Planet, or do you have some musical recordings that would be appropriate?

      A video-bridge would be an excellent idea for 2010...I agree that time is probably too short for this year. I plan to widen my own networking and scale up ActALIVE and other activities for the Day then, so hopefully we can start working on "next year" during the summer or fall of 2009, at the latest.

      In fact, if not a bridge, an "e-chat" would be fine too!  Perhaps we can use MS Lab's Worknets space? There are a number of issues related to community arts we can discuss, and connections can be made with others worldwide too.

      Wendi, it's great to know of your enthusiasm, and you mention radio too. You might write to Darren at the Homely Planet and see what he might suggest. Do you have the ability to record poems or messages, esp in an MP3 format?  You could then send something for broadcast (over the Internet) to him.

      There is, unfortunately, no funding this year, but perhaps next year!

      Huge thanks again to everyone who has responded from these forums, and hope to hear from more of you soon!  Blessings and artistic affections, Janet

      From:  Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>
      To: actalive@yahoogroups.com
      Cc:  nafsiafrikasaana@yahoogroups.com,  holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009,  7:59 AM

         Dear Andrew and All,

      Greatest thanks for sharing this url  for Nafsi, and also memories of Reg
      Bolton. What a wonderful  connection between "then" and "now", Reg and Nafsi.
      I have no  doubt that his spirit is somehow at work in linking Nafsi and
      WCAD!

      Ken, James, and all, we look forward so much to  whatever you can contribute
      by way of participation for WCAD! A  url and short description of what you
      do is fine, if you can't  mount an activity, but any activity is fabulous
      too! In fact,  besides your home url, to send Youtube urls--so people can
      see you  in action--would be excellent!

      With thanks to all, and three  million cheers for Reg, who helped to start us
      on this journey!  Janet

      From Andrew Crummy:

      Through Janet's discussion I  went in search of The Nafsi Africa Acrobats

      Found this great  youtube piece:
      http://uk.youtube. com/watch?  v=O7Bp2pcfv7I <http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Bp2pcfv7I>

      It reminded me of why we started WCAD in the  first place to remember
      the late Reg Bolton. http://www.regbolto n.org/photo_ library/ <http://www.regbolton.org/photo_library/>

      His  suitcase circus was well known in Scotland and Australia.

      Very  similar ideals. Just great to see similar ideas growing around
      the  world quite  independantly.

      Andrew Crummy

      mob: 07986352188
      http://www.smallandcrummy.co.uk

      Prestonpans/Cockenzie
      http://www.prestoungrange.org
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/82922695@N00/
      http://www.smallandcrummy.co.uk/scotsmagazine.htm

      Three Harbours Arts Festival
      5th - 14th June 2009
      http://www.3harbours.com/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/8756627@N07/

      Craigmillar Communiversity
      http://www.communiversity.org.uk

      Craigmillar archive pictures
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/61333346@N00/

      World Community Arts Day 17/02/09
      http://www.communiversity.org.uk/worldcommunityartsday.htm

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2009
        Re: WCAD: Nafsi Afrika Acrobats, Actwid Kongadzem, Friends of Rusinga Island, OVF, VYP, REPACTED/Andrew: urls
        Hello Dear Ken, Wendi, Andrew, Darren, and All,

        Wonderful to hear from you, and with this inspiring info!  Please note that WCAD is FEB 17th, so that gives people more time to participate.

        Terrific about the videos, Ken, and hopefully between Andrew and Darren, they can sort out what can go where (I'm not sure the Internet radio will be able to "show" the video parts to their audience, but hopefully can broadcast the music from the videos).

        I'm ccing both Andrew and Darren now, and for Wendi and Actwid Kongadzem in Cameroon, this is Darren's info (Homely Planet):  homelyplanet@....

        On the video bridges, that is very exciting, and perhaps we can put some of that info on the ActALIVE site!  I have asked our webmaster abt showcasing Youtube and other films/videos by and of our members, so I'll be in touch when we do that about getting your own materials displayed, Ken.

        Andrew may want to talk with you abt ongoing activities as well...it would be great to make every day "World Community Arts Day" (or at least to hold it more than once a year )!

        Immense thanks to all, and artistic affections!  Janet