Re: [holistichelping] Donations Needed: Please Help Rebuild SIDAREC Centre/Thanks George(s)!!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      Dear George N, BF George, Gichane, and All,

      It's great to hear from you both, and thanks so much for your marvelous response, George (N)! I/we also appreciate you posting this along to some other forums, which was in my mind to do today (so great minds think alike :)).

      I wanted to ask people to respond to George Onyango at both email addresses given (geogias@... and george@...), as I have occasionally been turned away from the latter for some reason. The Yahoo address always seems to work well.

      It's a wonderful testimony you have given, George N, to the value of the Pumwani Centre for the community there. Hopefully people will be even more encouraged to contribute as a result!

      I would also like to note that you yourself are in need of some equipment to carry on your vital and essential work, which was stolen and/or destroyed recently. A video camera, phone, and a few other items, about which I hope you will post for all to see.

      Greatest thanks to Gichane Muraguri of KCA for being so quick on the follow-up too, and we look forward to a report and some possible courses of action after the meeting!

      With immense appreciation again and greatest blessings to all, Janet
      From: GEORGE ONYANGO <geogias@...>
      To: africa-oped@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 4:42 PM

      Dearest BF, thanks so much for spreading the word. Gichane, KCA President already communicated with me. We will be meeting tomorrow at our offices to go and witness what happened. I know many people are going to respond....we are keeping our fingers crossed. So many young people depend on our work, and we are going to try our best to see that things go back to normal.

      Kind regards

      George Onyango
      Project Administrator
      Slums Information Development & Resource Centres(SIDAREC)
      P.O.BOX 9687 00300
      TEL.+254-20- 246961/247356
      MOBILE:+254- 727557223
      NAIROBI,KENYA.