Re: [voiceful] Re: [holistichelping] DIY Solar " Light a Home"/VYP Newsletter

  • Rachel Kungu
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2009
      Dear Janet,

      Thanks alot for your continued support. we are working on logistic now. With my current financial state, I will hold until am able to raise some funds. However, we are going ahead with the community outreach and other activities which do not require finance.

      Am also in touch with Graham, discussing on the way forward.

      Yes the newsletter is now on our website, www.peace-caravan.org/newsletter, thanks again.

      Regards

      Rachel

      On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:

      Dear Rachel and All,

      Hello and this is excellent!  Great minds think alike, too, because Graham had just mentioned to me the need for a "plan" of some kind to be developed, in conjunction with receiving DIY Solar equipment.

      Hopefully the $500 to jumpstart the project can be raised from somewhere. Is there any way at least some of it can proceed without funding?

      Also, I have received your marvelous newsletter and love both the form and its contents!! Immense thanks for this inspiring publication!

      I'd like to post a smaller version of it on to others, and to forums. Do you have a "plain-text" one, or is posted at your website, so I can give people a url for further info?  The newsletter is so rich in HTML--which makes it so attractive!--that unfortunately it is too many MB's to be posted at ActALIVE et al "as is". Their limit is 1MB.

      Thanks again for all of this wonderful news, and love and blessings to you and all! Janet
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2009
        Dear Janet, the newsletter webpage is
        www.peace-caravan.org/newsletter.html Regards

        --
        Rachel Wambui Kung'u
        Executive Director
        Voluntary Youth Philanthropists
        P.O.Box 19705-00202
        Tel: +254 2367689
        Mobile: +254 721 626389
        website: www.peace-caravan.org
        www.peacecaravan.ushahidi.com
        Blog: www.peacecaravan.wordpress.com
        skype: rachelken1
      • ACTWID KONGADZEM
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2009
          dEAR gRAHAM,
          wE HAVE BEN READING ALL THE POSTINGS SENT OUT BY OTHERS ON THE diy solar POWER AND IT IS INTERESTING. WE FOLLOWED UP HERE TO RESEARCH ON IT AND WE FOUND OUT THAT SOME FEW MEMBERS IN OUR COMMUNITY THOUGH AT DISTANT AREAS HAVE CONNECTED OR LIGHTED THEIR HOMES WITH SOLAR POWER. WE HAVE TRIED TO FIND OUT FROM THEM HOW THIS CAME ABOUT AND ONE TOLD US THAT HE GOT HIS EQUIPMENT FROM HIS FRIENDS THE MISSIONARIES ABROAD AND HE IS DOING WELL IT IT.
          FOR THE PASR TWO DAYS WE HAVE NOT BEEN HAVING ELECTRICITY HERE IN OUR TOWN AND WE ARE REALLY LONGING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE DIY SOLAR AND HOW IT CAN BE CONNECTED TOO. WE ALSO WISH TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WHAT YOU SENT TO US ON DIY SOLAR HAS NOT YET BEEN RECEIVED AND WE ARE STILL WAITING.
          IMMENSE THANKS
          SINCERELY ACTWID MEMBERS LED BY WENDI

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 7, 2009
            Dear Wendi, AK friends, Graham, Andrius, and All,

            It's great to see you corresponding, and this is a good time to pick up on
            the correspondence/blogging abt solar power, for which Andrius has sent some
            funds.

            I read this note to indicate that you have not gotten what Graham has sent,
            Wendi...is that right? Graham, what did you send, and when?

            In the meantime, I think it would be great if you could write more (Wendi
            and AK) about your research in Cameroon. Questions such as: "what equipment
            are they using?", "how available is the equipment, and how expensive is
            it?", "would it be possible for you to do the same, at least in a test
            area?", "what could you do to advance the use of solar without a lot of
            equipment?", "how can you ready yourselves for the day when you may get such
            equipment?", "who can you/we reach out to help?", and so on.

            Can you write some letters on this subject, even if you can't send them
            right away, due to electricity shortages? It would be very helpful for you
            to document this whole project (or what we hope will be a project), from
            pre-start to starting up, implementing, evaluating, and more.

            Right now, you are in the "research" phase, so please write up what you are
            discovering as you go along. Then hopefully we can get you some items from
            DIY, and you can start to write abt that.

            With greatest thanks and blessings always, Janet