Re: [nafsiafrikasaana] Re: [actalive] The Nafsi Africa Acrobats and the late Reg Bolton (WCAD linkages)

  • Kennedy Owino
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2009
      Dear Janet and all,

      Massive thank you for your ever spirited heart and undying efforts.
      Given the logistics involved, It would be difficult for us to video bridge any activity on 8th February but James or me will actively be online that particular day to share and learn from others.
      Which forum will be used for the chat?

      Wishing you a positive day,

      Ken Owino
      Nafsi Africa Acrobats
      www.nafsiafrica.org
      +254723568251

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2009
        Hello Dear Friends,

        Wonderful to hear from you--Ken, Sam, Wendi, Rachel, Moges, Dennis, Jeff and Joy--and greatest thanks to you too!! It's fantastic to get your participation in some form, and I will give you some suggestions below on how to do that.

        For Andrew, I'll give you some urls to add to the list:

        www.peace-caravan.org  (Voluntary Youth Philanthropists, Kenya)
        www.kabissa.org/members/actwid (Actwid Kongadzem, Cameroon)
        www.nafsiafrica.org (Nafsi Afrika Acrobats, Kenya)
        www.repacted.org (REPACTED, Kenya)
        www.friendsofrusingaisland.org (Friends of Rusinga Island, Kenya)

        Moges, do you have a website for your work in Ethiopia?

        For WCAD, that is on February 17th. If you would like to participate in a radio program--this being broadcast on the Internet--you can send a recording of some kind to the N Ireland station I mentioned, Homely Planet.  If you have a radio station or radio web presence, or a link to one, you could broadcast something in honor of the day, either your own music or work, or hopefully arranging with Homely Planet to broadcast something that originates in N Ireland.

        The Homely Planet had suggested a poetry reading, either people reading and exchanging poems from their respective countries for airplay, or sending poems to be read and recorded by someone in the other country, then played back in the country where the poem originated.

        It would probably be easier if you could record some poems or other messages written and read by people locally to you, then send them to the Homely Planet. And they might be able to do the same. Hopefully you can get on the Internet and "tune into" their program, to hear your words being read!

        The simplest way to get involved this year is to send your url, which will be posted to show your support. If you want to organize something for that day, then send a notice/report abt that to Andrew.

        Ken, you have Youtube videos you could send in url form to the Homely Planet, or do you have some musical recordings that would be appropriate?

        A video-bridge would be an excellent idea for 2010...I agree that time is probably too short for this year. I plan to widen my own networking and scale up ActALIVE and other activities for the Day then, so hopefully we can start working on "next year" during the summer or fall of 2009, at the latest.

        In fact, if not a bridge, an "e-chat" would be fine too!  Perhaps we can use MS Lab's Worknets space? There are a number of issues related to community arts we can discuss, and connections can be made with others worldwide too.

        Wendi, it's great to know of your enthusiasm, and you mention radio too. You might write to Darren at the Homely Planet and see what he might suggest. Do you have the ability to record poems or messages, esp in an MP3 format?  You could then send something for broadcast (over the Internet) to him.

        There is, unfortunately, no funding this year, but perhaps next year!

        Huge thanks again to everyone who has responded from these forums, and hope to hear from more of you soon!  Blessings and artistic affections, Janet

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009
          Dear Janet and all,
          Thanks for your responses. We will like to write to Darren of the Homely planet as you say.Yes, we will like to do the radio program but will have no opportunity to record some of the work as that is too expensive here at the community radio. If you can kindly give us Darren;s address we will write to him.
          Immense thanks
          Wendi and members