RE: [holistichelping] DIY Solar " Light a Home"/VYP Newsletter

  • Sherrie Noble
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
      Dear Janet,

      Wht is the legal structure holistichelping is operating under? This can make all the difference.

      Have a great day.
      Sherrie Noble

      To: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com; meadowlea@...; voiceful@yahoogroups.com
      From: kaippg@...
      Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:07:59 -0600
      Subject: Re: [holistichelping] DIY Solar " Light a Home"/VYP Newsletter

      Dear Rachel and All,

      Hello and this is excellent!  Great minds think alike, too, because Graham had just mentioned to me the need for a "plan" of some kind to be developed, in conjunction with receiving DIY Solar equipment.

      Hopefully the $500 to jumpstart the project can be raised from somewhere. Is there any way at least some of it can proceed without funding?

      Also, I have received your marvelous newsletter and love both the form and its contents!! Immense thanks for this inspiring publication!

      I'd like to post a smaller version of it on to others, and to forums. Do you have a "plain-text" one, or is posted at your website, so I can give people a url for further info?  The newsletter is so rich in HTML--which makes it so attractive!- -that unfortunately it is too many MB's to be posted at ActALIVE et al "as is". Their limit is 1MB.

      Thanks again for all of this wonderful news, and love and blessings to you and all! Janet
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
        Dear Sherrie and All,

        Nice to see you posting! Holistic Helping is a Yahoogroups forum. If you're referring to finding funds, individuals among us usually contribute to that. VYP is a nonprofit in Kenya, so it might have some ability to fundraise that would be different from what we can do here.

        If you have any ideas or sources of support for something like this, we are all ears!!

        Thanks so much and best wishes, Janet

        To: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com; meadowlea@...; voiceful@yahoogroups.com

        --
        Rachel Wambui Kung'u
        Executive Director

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009

          Dear Janet,

          Ideas are never a problem and I do have experience.  But I need some more background.  Please call or email me directly.  It is a time thing and not everyone has time to follow every piece of this exchange.  With DIY being US based it gets pretty technical on the legal end.  And what works in one country is, so far, very complex to transfer elsewhere.

          Thanks.

          Sherrie Noble

          Director Noble Group

          mailto:Sherrie@...

          1 (440)829-0705

          To: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com; meadowlea@...; voiceful@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2009
            Dear Sherrie,

            I happened to notice a reference to 'DIY' in your message to Janet.

            If this is referring to DIY Solar - in the UK not US - it might be best if we
            corresponded directly and I will give you more background.

            Graham

            To: holistichelping@ yahoogroups. com; meadowlea@att. net; voiceful@yahoogroup s.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2009
              Dear Janet,

              Thanks alot for your continued support. we are working on logistic now. With my current financial state, I will hold until am able to raise some funds. However, we are going ahead with the community outreach and other activities which do not require finance.

              Am also in touch with Graham, discussing on the way forward.

              Yes the newsletter is now on our website, www.peace-caravan.org/newsletter, thanks again.

              Regards

              Rachel

            • rachel.kungu@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2009
                Dear Janet, the newsletter webpage is
                www.peace-caravan.org/newsletter.html Regards

                --
                Rachel Wambui Kung'u
                Executive Director
                Voluntary Youth Philanthropists
                P.O.Box 19705-00202
                Tel: +254 2367689
                Mobile: +254 721 626389
                website: www.peace-caravan.org
                www.peacecaravan.ushahidi.com
                Blog: www.peacecaravan.wordpress.com
                skype: rachelken1
              • ACTWID KONGADZEM
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 5, 2009
                  dEAR gRAHAM,
                  wE HAVE BEN READING ALL THE POSTINGS SENT OUT BY OTHERS ON THE diy solar POWER AND IT IS INTERESTING. WE FOLLOWED UP HERE TO RESEARCH ON IT AND WE FOUND OUT THAT SOME FEW MEMBERS IN OUR COMMUNITY THOUGH AT DISTANT AREAS HAVE CONNECTED OR LIGHTED THEIR HOMES WITH SOLAR POWER. WE HAVE TRIED TO FIND OUT FROM THEM HOW THIS CAME ABOUT AND ONE TOLD US THAT HE GOT HIS EQUIPMENT FROM HIS FRIENDS THE MISSIONARIES ABROAD AND HE IS DOING WELL IT IT.
                  FOR THE PASR TWO DAYS WE HAVE NOT BEEN HAVING ELECTRICITY HERE IN OUR TOWN AND WE ARE REALLY LONGING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE DIY SOLAR AND HOW IT CAN BE CONNECTED TOO. WE ALSO WISH TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WHAT YOU SENT TO US ON DIY SOLAR HAS NOT YET BEEN RECEIVED AND WE ARE STILL WAITING.
                  IMMENSE THANKS
                  SINCERELY ACTWID MEMBERS LED BY WENDI

                  To: holistichelping@ yahoogroups. com; meadowlea@att. net; voiceful@yahoogroup s.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 7, 2009
                    Dear Wendi, AK friends, Graham, Andrius, and All,

                    It's great to see you corresponding, and this is a good time to pick up on
                    the correspondence/blogging abt solar power, for which Andrius has sent some
                    funds.

                    I read this note to indicate that you have not gotten what Graham has sent,
                    Wendi...is that right? Graham, what did you send, and when?

                    In the meantime, I think it would be great if you could write more (Wendi
                    and AK) about your research in Cameroon. Questions such as: "what equipment
                    are they using?", "how available is the equipment, and how expensive is
                    it?", "would it be possible for you to do the same, at least in a test
                    area?", "what could you do to advance the use of solar without a lot of
                    equipment?", "how can you ready yourselves for the day when you may get such
                    equipment?", "who can you/we reach out to help?", and so on.

                    Can you write some letters on this subject, even if you can't send them
                    right away, due to electricity shortages? It would be very helpful for you
                    to document this whole project (or what we hope will be a project), from
                    pre-start to starting up, implementing, evaluating, and more.

                    Right now, you are in the "research" phase, so please write up what you are
                    discovering as you go along. Then hopefully we can get you some items from
                    DIY, and you can start to write abt that.

                    With greatest thanks and blessings always, Janet