Re: [holistichelping] Just got robbed at gun-point!/equipment for public education needed: can anyone help?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2009
      Dear George, Tegi, and All,

      Thanks so much for your courageous and valiant work, and also abt the worrisome events and occurrences, including the "shadows" haunting your steps. Yes indeed, there is no doubt that you are being intimidated, which is why it is all the more inspirational that you are carrying on undaunted. We are with you in spirit, sending a sense of safety and well-being your way.

      Thanks for telling us about your needs in terms of equipment, and I wonder if there is anyplace you can "apply" for help for that, ie a grant for example, or to the Kenya Human Rights Commission. I wish the Rising Voices grant application process was not over, but perhaps you could apply in their next round.

      It might be helpful if you posted widely (as you usually do with mailings abt your work), or I'll be happy to do that for you if you would feel strange asking for support. A list of your equipment needs, with prices, would be great, so people have an idea of what to send to you or donate (funds and/or items themselves).

      I hope that some of us will be able to help in some way, and know that you always have our support and thanks, as well as blessings and prayers!  Janet
      From: Tegi Obanda <tegi.obanda@...>
      To: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 12:40 AM

      Hi George,
      Soory to hear this.
      To me this looks like govt. operation to get to your info.

      What can we do to help?
      Tegi

      On 1/14/09, George Nyongesa <grnyongesa@yahoo. com> wrote:
      Dear Comrades,

      I have been robbed off my laptop, camera and other valuables today Wednesday 15th Jan. at around 8.30pm on my way home. I was attacked by 4 men. Three had pistols. They slapped me several times and teased me with there pistol and left after taking my stuff. This is the third time I have gotten attacked by robbers at gun point and lost a laptop and camera. It happened twice last year. I have been careful not to read too muh in this incidences but I am now suspecting that there could be more to it. Todays incidence was abit drammatic. I was driven round and round musked for close to 4 hours. The robbers talked to each other in coded language. They talk to me less. What is scary is the fact that the robbers dropped me right next to the gate of my house.  I plan to record a statement with the police tomorrow at Central Police Station.  Sent

      George Nyongesa
      Bunge la Mwananchi
      +254 720 451 235