Mwananchi Freedom from Hunger Train!

  • George Nyongesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2009
      Dear Partners,

      On Thursday, at 400pm, Bunge la Mwananchi will commission 14 members to hitch a ride on a train plying Nairobi Railways, Makadara, Umoja, Dandora, Kasarani, Githurai to Kahawa on a mission to mobilize and organize millions of Kenyans around the following themes: Basic human rights, the National Accord's agenda 4, Political Accountability, the National Budget and the new Constitution.dialogue with Kenyans about Right to Food and the responsibility of the government to ensure food its people.

      The mission dubbed "Freedom from Hunger Train" will kick off with a distribution of 2000 leaflets titled Why are President Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila begging foreigners to feed Kenyans? and then after a debate on train about the "Famine, Right to Food and the responsiblity of the Government". The longest train normally has 12 wagons and we estimate that each wagon will hold between 150-200 passengers. We intend to speak to pass a message to at least 2000 people in the Thursday freedom ride and then review to see how effective we can reachout to the masses in the trains.

      This project is planned to be implemented on all train routes across the country by the end of 2009. The following are the soldiers who will be commissioned to test the waters:
      John Njeru, Cyrus Murithii, Stephen Waithaka, Jacob Odipo, Keli Musyoka, Oliver Gathuku, Wambugu Mwai, Gacheke Gachihi, Adil Mansur, Samson Ojiayo, John Abok, Salim Nganga and George Nyongesa.

      You are reading this email because we consider you an important ally and supporter and therefore, request that you watch out on us. We hope to bring the pictures of the mission, if we get  a camera to take some.

      For and on behalf of Bunge la Mwananchi,
      George Nyongesa
      +254 720 451 235