Re: [holistichelping] Just got robbed at gun-point!

  • Tegi Obanda
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
      Hi George,
      Soory to hear this.
      To me this looks like govt. operation to get to your info.

      What can we do to help?
      Tegi

      On 1/14/09, George Nyongesa <grnyongesa@...> wrote:

      Dear Comrades,

      I have been robbed off my laptop, camera and other valuables today Wednesday 15th Jan. at around 8.30pm on my way home. I was attacked by 4 men. Three had pistols. They slapped me several times and teased me with there pistol and left after taking my stuff. This is the third time I have gotten attacked by robbers at gun point and lost a laptop and camera. It happened twice last year. I have been careful not to read too muh in this incidences but I am now suspecting that there could be more to it. Todays incidence was abit drammatic. I was driven round and round musked for close to 4 hours. The robbers talked to each other in coded language. They talk to me less. What is scary is the fact that the robbers dropped me right next to the gate of my house.  I plan to record a statement with the police tomorrow at Central Police Station.  Sent

      George Nyongesa
      Bunge la Mwananchi
      +254 720 451 235

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
        Dear George, Tegi, and All,

        I echo Tegi, dear George:  this is terrible, pole sana!!! You are someone we all admire so much--with your devotion to building a democratic Kenya--so it is especially painful to hear about you being treated this way.

        Clearly you are being "staked out" and targetted...this is not "just" any robbery, as Tegi indicates. Yes, indeed, what can we do to help?

        With prayers for your safety and well-being, and greatest blessings for all you do, and for the wonderful example you set for all Kenyans!  Janet

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
          Dear Tegi, Janet and all,

          Thank you for writing back, your kind words and for your solidarity.

          I am out of sleep I guess its because of the shock. I am not sure I know yet the support the kind of help I need now. I was attacked by robbers in June and September 2008.

          For sure, I am getting concerned too about myself. I am concerned that if this is government forces they already know where I live? I am also concerned that this frustration are straining my finances as I keep loosing my investments for public education: laptop, video and photo camera, projector etc and my organization is not funded. This items I buy them from my own savings.

          On many occasions I have noticed strange people following me; sometimes unfamiliar characters have joined me in a restaurant and left without doubt they are monitoring me and my phone is 24/7 tapped by intelligence.

          Its now obvious some forces somewhere are sending a message, either to scuttle or intimidate our work.

          I do believe in what I do and I am sold out to making my life useful to others even if it is just to one Kenyan. The support I would consider is just to replace the public education tools I lost. This is a fight of good and bad, finally the good shall triumph. I am cheered by your support. Sent at 3.29am

          George Nyongesa

          Wha

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009
            Dear George, pole sana for what happened to you. I have been a victim at one time and I know how it feels. It was great meeting you in our offices and look forward to networking with you.

            Regards

            George

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009
              hallo Gerorge
                Grettings , en received more pole from kenya community in lecce, the fight aginst human right abuse under the new kenyatta moi kibaki Goverment shouls come to an end .
              hope  you remember the days we were both working in the ufungamano intiative as volunter to the constitution of kenya under the steering committe , mr. kibaki and Mr.raila mostly come to meeting late with apology to the forum on Party meetings to change laws of the county
                 the last day when we voted to merge ufungamono intiative and the palimentery group, we were all arrrested in escouted to Cental police , who was behind the plane???????

              so my brother Greorge be carefully with those rich kenya mafia who want to remain in power even if their dont have ideas to give to young generetion , how many youth were used by the politians or the older generation to cause violence or told to defend theri committers
                 we need change new ideas for the leadership in kenya even African,
              keep the democrasy burning ,
              FIRE
              regards
              chrise

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 22, 2009
                Dear George, Tegi, and All,

                Thanks so much for your courageous and valiant work, and also abt the worrisome events and occurrences, including the "shadows" haunting your steps. Yes indeed, there is no doubt that you are being intimidated, which is why it is all the more inspirational that you are carrying on undaunted. We are with you in spirit, sending a sense of safety and well-being your way.

                Thanks for telling us about your needs in terms of equipment, and I wonder if there is anyplace you can "apply" for help for that, ie a grant for example, or to the Kenya Human Rights Commission. I wish the Rising Voices grant application process was not over, but perhaps you could apply in their next round.

                It might be helpful if you posted widely (as you usually do with mailings abt your work), or I'll be happy to do that for you if you would feel strange asking for support. A list of your equipment needs, with prices, would be great, so people have an idea of what to send to you or donate (funds and/or items themselves).

                I hope that some of us will be able to help in some way, and know that you always have our support and thanks, as well as blessings and prayers!  Janet