POP videos; Public Domain Fashion; Math Home Schooling

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2009
      Sasha and all,

      Greetings from the OLPC conference here in Boston.
      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XOcamp2
      They just laid off half their team so I am meeting people who are looking
      towards the future. I'm benefiting from time spent with Edward Cherlin
      and others. I don't see yet much interest in my concerns, but I'll keep
      trying while I'm here. These next two or three months I'm interested to
      create:
      * Algebra learning materials in the Public Domain. I'm thinking of
      creating them for home schooling parents who would like to learn algebra
      (and understand the big picture) so they could teach their children (using
      traditional books and materials). Sasha, please, could you start
      researching "math home schooling" to see what's currently available?
      * Online/Offline interfaces for participating in our lab. For example,
      software for participating in Yahoo! groups with an OLPC laptop or used
      computer.

      Sasha thank you for your update on Public Domain Fashion. Yes, I would be
      interested to visit Ana's friend in Zurich!

      Thank you for explaining about the Pyramid of Peace videos. Kennedy,
      Rachel, what else can we do or need to do regarding them?

      --------------------------

      Hi Andrius, I have made copies of the DVDs from Ken.
      Sadly it seems that the DVD with ground visits of POP is not working.
      First I have been able to see the content but when I tried to copy it
      instead of making the copy (5.5 GB) it copied only 608Kb. Now when I
      insert the DVD it does not show anything at all anymore. Don't know
      what to do with that. Sorry about this. I can try the dvd in my
      brothers computer but I doubt anything will happen.

      Also we visited Ana Ilic Lagundzin and she is a very positive (open
      and active) person. She proposes to open a sewing workshop and botique
      on the main street in Sombor (the street where we walked - where Dez
      Art is) with Zdenka backed by some government funding. Zdenka is very
      happy. i hope this could become serious change (for better) for her.
      Thank you a lot for that. Hopefully this will open a new step in life
      for Zdenka and me.
      I would like you to write down on a wiki page what we discussed here
      in Sombor about grant seeking and such so I can try to focus and be
      more helpfull.
      Another thing is that it Ana mentioned she has some very interesting
      friends in Zurich (some kind of scientist) she thinks it would be nice
      if two of you could meet while you are in Zurich.
      Sasha