Samwel will lead a team for www.myfoodstory.com

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
      Samwel,

      Thank you for your letter, which I share with our Minciu Sodas
      laboratory's working group "social agriculture" led by Steve Bosserman.
      I have taken the liberty to sign you up for this group because we'll be
      working a lot here on "My Food Story" http://www.myfoodstory.com

      Yes, I would like you to lead one of our working groups for "My Food
      Story". I will be able to commit to you when I receive the first payment
      which should be this month.

      We need to feature a crop each month, so I plan to feature your team's
      crop in October. So we should decide soon but carefully!

      As you know, my idea is for each team to connect a crop, a human value,
      and a technology. Your key concept is "motivation through sacrifice". Is
      that still accurate? It would be very helpful if you could write more
      about that.

      I think that you are also interested in wi-fi technology for Internet
      access. Is that true? Is this something that you would like to learn a
      lot about? and apply in your area?

      My thought is that wi-fi Internet technology (and related technology
      such as Internet kiosks http://www.echoupal.com) is closely related to
      the ability to monitor local and global markets. Also, it seems to be
      foster a "willingness to take risks" (and therefore to earn greater
      profits). I'm thinking that it relates to entrepreneurship and also to
      your key concept "motivation through sacrifice". Does that make sense?

      The experience in India suggests that certain crops are especially
      relevant here, they mention: soyabean, coffee, wheat, rice, pulses, shrimp.
      http://www.echoupal.com/DefaultTop.aspx
      Which crop would be most meaningful for you? Please let us know. I
      understand that your family sells grains. It could be a particular
      grain, or it could be an entirely different crop such as coffee. What
      would be most meaningful for your personally?

      As you know, the more that you can explain your personal values, the
      better we can work for you. And the same will be true for your work as
      an organizer.

      I am also hoping to interest Shannon Clark. His key concept is
      "accepting personal responsibility" and he is investigating the
      economics of networks. If he might be interested, it would be excellent
      to organize a new working group around him and his key concept, where he
      might host your team's work. I think that you would both benefit. Let's
      see what he says.

      Samwel, also please consider the following idea. I think that because
      you are working "on the ground" it is possible for you to distribute the
      money to more people. So my plan is that 500 USD would go to you (plus a
      bonus if your team meets its targets) and 400 USD to your team (and 100
      USD to cover fees). My belief is that the more people that we can spread
      the money out to, the more impact it will have, so long as our values
      are clear. So, for example, if you had a team of 3 people (3 at $60 each
      = $180) and each of them had a team of 3 people (9 at $20 each = $180)
      my feeling is that we'd build more momentum. The money should go to
      people who have demonstrated that they are able to "work for free" and
      who want to connect with us online or on-the-ground in terms of their
      personal values. Do you think we could try that? Or what do you think?

      Samwel, my plan is to feature your crop this month at our website, but
      most of the work would be not this month, but in the coming months.

      Jeff, Thank you for your contributions at our wiki. Thank you to all for
      letters, I look forward to responding!

      Samwel, My cell phone number is +370 (699) 30003 if you ever need to
      send an SMS. I'm not sure that it will be working though, when I am
      traveling.

      +370 (5) 264 5950
      +370 (699) 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania

      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43256/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>-
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
        Hello Dear Andrius, Sam, Shannon, and All!

        Terrific notes, and thanks for the wonderful feedback on the Paul Pruett posting at GV, Andrius, to which I will respond in a day or so. Exciting possibilities, definitely!

        One question for now, and these forums: did you read my postings on this subject? I would very much like Sam to consider leading a team at Holistic Helping. This is part of what HH is about...I wish I had time myself now, but I do not. However, if someone else in HH does, then that would be wonderful, and a relief to me too, to give someone else the primary responsibility for a project.

        I'm happy if Shannon and Sam do want to work together, and I invite them to do so at HH if they like. It's also "OK" if they go elsewhere, esp. given the timeframe. I can definitely see where it will be great for Shannon to have a forum (working group) too!

        I just wanted to make sure I reinforced the idea that I would like Sam to lead the HH team if he so desires, and work through our group if possible (where there are others, like Kennedy-Benter-myself, with agricultural experience). Because Kenya is such a close link for me, I think that could be a good connection re networking too.

        Thanks much and look forward to figuring out the way ahead on this! Janet

> [...]
        >> will be another added advantage. Although the initial plan was to
        >> visit Maria in Italy and having you plan for this trip is because
        >> it?s destined to be for our MS-Lab.
        >>
        >> I have not finished the translation yet but hope to finish it sooner.
        >> Inform Helmut I am tuning the key words and I will send them to him
        >> after completion. Otherwise have another prosperous day and remember
        >> to send me your Cell phone No I need to SMS sometimes. Bye Samwel
        >>

        >> Samwel Okech kongere Nyamuga primary school P.O BOX 191, MBITA
        >> 040305-KENYA. Cell: +254 725 600 439 Computer specielist Community
        >> Development UDOGO youth development group-coordinator
        >>

        >> ------------------------- All-new Yahoo! Mail
        >>
        ><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43256/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>-
        >> Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

      • masimba biriwasha
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
          Dear All,

          My name is Masimba Biriwasha.

          I hope that you al remeber me. I am now out of
          Zimbabwe based in Thailand. The atmosphere is more
          freer, and there is certainly more access to the Net.
          I will be able to contribute more to the discussions
          now.

          I am trying to build an international solidarity force
          for the liberation of Zimbabwe from tyrannical forces.

          The force has to be able to expand the potentail of
          Zimbabweans to achieve their God-given potential
          without resorting to violet tactics.

          Check out my blogspot (afro-visionary.blogspot.com),
          and while you are at it drop a comment. Its very much
          in its infancy.

          I am currently working for Health Development Networks
          (www.hdnet.org), and I need to recruit some writers.

          Thanks

          Masimba

          --- Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > to help others. As I
          > > read from Janet she is already putting us in the
          > pioneers of
          > > change….pioneers of Change is a better move for
          > us too and we need
          > > know all about it..
          > >
          > > Regarding my travels to Europe considering what
          > would be most
          > >
          > > Effective is vibrant, as you mentioned in your
          > mail having a nomad
          > > getting me round is wonderful and touring
          > Lithuania and having a
          > > glimpse of what our Lab does is appreciated. It
          > isn’t just a matter
          > > of staying there but to stay to help and be
          > helped. You know my
          > > weaknesses in IT can also be boosted while I am
          > there as you
          > > proposed, this can make a wonderful tour for me
          > and the groups I am
          > > working with. Touring villages is good for me as
          === message truncated ===

          I have a strong feeling that every person owes it to him/herself, and to the cause which he is serving to keep their body strong and healthy, for better or worse, for disappointments and for trying positions.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • masimba biriwasha
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
              masimba biriwasha wrote:
              > Dear All,
              >
              > My name is Masimba Biriwasha.
              >
              > I hope that you al remeber me. I am now out of
              > Zimbabwe based in Thailand. The atmosphere is more
              > freer, and there is certainly more access to the Net.
              > I will be able to contribute more to the discussions
              > now.
              >
              > I am trying to build an international solidarity force
              > for the liberation of Zimbabwe from tyrannical forces.
              >
              > The force has to be able to expand the potentail of
              > Zimbabweans to achieve their God-given potential
              > without resorting to violet tactics.
              >
              > Check out my blogspot (afro-visionary.blogspot.com),
              > and while you are at it drop a comment. Its very much
              > in its infancy.
              >
              > I am currently working for Health Development Networks
              > (www.hdnet.org), and I need to recruit some writers.
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Masimba

              Masimba,

              It's wonderful to hear from you again!
              Thank you for bringing us this profound opportunity to work with you.

              I invite you and urge you to join our working group Fighting Peacefully
              led by Eluned Hurn (our Warrior Queen of Wales)
              She is currently in Sri Lanka where she meditated and marched for peace.

              I will be traveling now to Cyprus, Israel, Egypt, Turkey where I hope to
              enroll many others who care to develop ways of nonviolently engaging the
              violent. I note my own essay "engaging the violent":
              http://www.hyperorg.com/misc/andrius.html

              In Thailand, I encourage you to contact Dr.B.K.Passi
              http://www.ms.lt/?thinker=Dr.B.K.Passi

              Best wishes in your endeavor!
              Let's think how we can help you and all people!