Re: [holistichelping] Maria Agnese and Samwel Venture/Pioneers of Change

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3 11:54 AM
      Hello Dear Sam, Maria, Ken, Andrius, Helen, Lenny, William, and All,

      Great to see things evolving from the first meeting of Maria and our members in Kenya and Tanzania! I hope that the others in Kenya who were networked in during that time will also become forum members, or that we will include them in some way above and beyond the networking being done here. I will cycle back to them myself as soon as I can, and believe Maria and Sam may have invited them too.

      And Ken, it will be terrific to have you involved in the ICTs project, as well as bringing your work in the arts into the mix. These are near and dear to my own heart, and can be included in an integrative project involving a number of elements:  education, ICTs, arts, publishing, income-generation, sustainable development.

      I think it's good to have linkages well-established between efforts in the two countries, and Lenny should be involved too, though I believe he may be in Canada through early December?  His work on ICTs can be so valuable to the whole, and delighted that Helen and William will be an integral part of the network being built.  The trips and meetings sound terrific, and this "f2f" contact will surely help to grow and build whatever happens in the aftermath.

      I have networked with the Tanzanian National ICTs Coordinator, so can contact him if and as needed, and have other contacts in both countries we can add to the net/work as we grow.  I have also been working with the Kenyan rep for Telecentre.org (www.telecentre.org) lately, and plans are afoot for the development of a network throughout E. Africa, to include Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania. In fact, he gave me the email addresses of those in Tanzania who are working on development of the telecenter network there, so FYI for the future!

      Speaking of arts and networking, Andrius, I am a member of the "arts" list of Pioneers of Change, and have worked with--and given feedback and contacts to--other members on art and social-change projects. So I'm delighted that you're helping with their website development, and hope we can create stronger working links between them and our MS-affiliated forums and friends. And bring ActALIVE (www.actalive.org) into that loop as well, as this is how they know me, and there would be some wonderful arts/creative synergy between us all.

      I may pick up some good info during Global Learn Day (Oct 8th), as one of the presenters will be a university in Cape Town, discussing their use of "open courseware". Hope Pam and others will be joining OVF, myself, and some in our extended family of friends and colleagues.

      With all best wishes and blessings for the success of these exciting endeavors, and let myself and HH members know how we can be helpful and when, and what is needed!  Janet