Thinkimg Sam!

  • Samwel Kongere
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2008
      Hello all,
      When i was a young boy at our local and prosperous
      Primary School. I did enggage in end term concerts and
      drama! I used to recite poems and acted drama
      organized by our late teacher James. I did several of
      these and found out that thinking and doing makes one
      a great actor.
      I read about Simon Makonde, Simple Sam and acted,
      recited On a famous court case between Njuguna Nyiri
      and Kamau Kinuthia. These were thrilling books from
      Jomo Kenyatta Foundation publishers (safari books
      series), pupils nicknamed me (Simple Sam,Pino the
      thriller, Pindu etc). I did not want to become 'Simple
      Sam' but wanted to become 'a wonderful Sam'.
      When Janet Feldman, Andrius, Maria Agnese, Ricardo and
      others introduced me to 'thinking' MS Lab and
      independent thinker (leader), my hidden character
      remained and is still thrilled in thinking', i've been
      consumed in community development thinking, my social
      life has been consumed in thinking. As i am thinking
      of hosting a consortium next year on sustainable local
      tourism and agriculture in July 1-3rd 2009. I am
      looking for partners, funders, donors, well-wishers to
      help make me' a wonderful thinking Sam but not 'young
      Simple Sam'
      I will visit Tom Ochuka in Kisumu in February to
      finalize the arrangement. Join me and stay thinking!
      Samwel.