Breaking news update: Nyambane now arrested in front of dais at Nyayo Stadium

  • George Nyongesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2008
      Dear Kenyans and friends of Kenya,

      Further to my email below, Kenyans have just watched on live national TV as local comedian/radio personality Walter Mongare aka Nyambane has been arrested by the security detail around the presidential dais at Nyayo Stadium. He was attempting to present a petition letter on freedom of press. It is not yet clear where he has been taken after being dragged off unceremoniously.

      In the meantime, Caroline Mutoko and Mwalimu Mati as well as Jalang'o are still being held in Langata together with 20 other people. More than the previously noted 60 have also been arrested and they have been taken to police stations all over Nairobi.

      I will continue to keep you updated.

      Let us remain vigilant!!

      George Nyongesa
      Bunge la Mwananchi