Re: [learningfromeachother] Partners for Wendi for DIY Solar, sanitary wear, positive blogging?/Cathy S!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2008
      Dear Wendi, Andrius, Graham, and All,

      Immense thanks for these inspiring notes, and I would love to work in
      partnership with Actwid Kongadzem, with whom I have been working already for
      about four years. In addition, AK is an ActALIVE member, and our
      organization will be involved in the blogging project.

      Wendi, I can link you with Solana (RV) on the mapping project, and let's
      consider how the bloggers you are hoping to sign up can be involved with the
      Rising Voices forums and project.

      I think that there is great potential to address the issue of sanitary wear
      in both a "micro" (related to individuals and communities) and a "macro"
      (related to countries and regions) way, and hope we can starr discussing
      this early in the new year.

      I will try to respond to the full thread of conversation we have had about
      sanitary wear during the next week--including Cathy Stubington's inspiring
      posting (thanks Cathy and more to follow soon to you!!) --and would like to
      mention in the meantime that Cathy is also a member of ActALIVE, so there
      are some exciting creative linkages we can hopefully make and develop as we
      move along.

      How this connects to Graham is another interesting linkage: recently, he
      and Rachel met while she was in the UK, and Rachel is an ActALIVE member
      too, as are Andrius and Ken (as well as Dennis, George Onyango, and Fred
      Ouko of KCYP, with whom Graham has been working on a solar-panel fabrication
      project for some time).

      It would be very interesting to discuss if and how we might links solar
      power, sanitary wear, blogging, peace and development, health issues such as
      HIV/AIDS and malaria, and the arts! A tall order, perhaps, but I'm sure
      that--if anyone can do it--we can.

      Andrius, what are your ideas for "working together", ie what does that mean
      to you, in what circumstances do you envision some micro-funding for a
      project, et al?

      Thanks so much, all, and I look forward to discussing, dreaming, and "doing"
      together! Janet