Is the Massboycott still on?

  • George Nyongesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2008
      Dear Kenyans and friends of Kenya,

      If you live in Nairobi, yesterday you must have noticed the Government of Kenya display across the city sky a big banner with the inscription "45th year of Independence" dragged by 2 military fuel guzzling hardwares (helicopters). I am sure the climax will be on 12th December 2008 when military planes will burn thousands of litres of fuel thundering across our sky to amuse the State officials at Uhuru park or Nyayo stadium. One wonders, who are they displaying mlitary power for? Rwanda? Burundi? Uganda? Sudan? or Ethiopia? Perhaps the pirates who are effectively curtailing Kenya's tourism industry from their little vessels off Kenya's coast?

      In the current economic shape of our nation where among other challenges: millions are at grave risk of starvation, unga prices on the shelves have not and are unlikely to change soon, kerosene is still unaffordable and general cost of livelihood out of reach of many Kenyans - is this a priority or even intelligent leadership of public funds? That aside, as usual the government will be spending over Ksh. 300,000,000.00 on state festivals for politicians and the ruling class.

      In a country under siege from insensitive, irresponsible and unaccountable leadership why shouldn't we mount mass protest to dramatise our dissatifaction? December 10th, 11th and 12th remain our days for civil direct action, the days for display of people power!

      Stay tuned for more information.

      George Nyongesa
      Bunge la Mwananchi
      +254 720 451 235
      Skype: mwananchimzalendo

      Bunge la Mwananchi is a social movement and a member of Kenya Nationa Civil Society Congress.