Massboycott: 10th, 11th and 12th December,2008

  • George Nyongesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Dear Comrades,

      The grand coalition leadership is on a self destructive mode. They are presiding over all the conditions that caused French revolution: detached and insensitive leadership; majority malnutrition and starvation; high national debt; inequitable taxation; consumerism among the ruling elite and high unemployment among other citizens. The symbol of the French revolution was "bread" (so close to our "unga") and the uprising swelled over time.

      As early as April  2008 Bunge la Mwananchi started the campaign to urge the government to check the increase in essential food items such as unga. As in the unprecedented French revolution before them where there was a notable mass uprising reaction that featured women marching on VersaillesKibera women also recently defiantly sung: " tunataka bei ya unga iteremke" as Raila's mercedez motorcade passed by.

      Fellow Kenyans, we have an opportunity to be make history. If you are truly affected and want things to change:

      1.  start mobilizing your friends and networks today;
      2.  on 10th ( World Human Rights Day) meet and organize yourselves as part of the Direct Action squad;
      3.  write a letter to the editor expressing your opinion on current issues;
      4.  send a text message to your member of parliament ( access phone numbers at www.bulamwa.co.ke) demanding to know when s/he is paying tax
      5.  on 11th let us walk to work to dramatize our demand that unga, petrol and kerosene should be reduced to 30/-, 65/- and 40/- respectively, send a text message to your member of parliament to express your dissatisfaction with the current status, avoid any fuel product; and
      6.  on 12th  December (Jamhuri Day) join other Kenyans at the venues scheduled for public celebration especially Nyayo Stadium and use your mouth to petition your leaders to reduce further the prices of unga, kerosene and petrol.

      Kenya National Civil Society Congress through Bunge la Mwananchi and Name and Shame Corrupt Networks (NASCON) have put in place safetynets such as lawyers etc incase of unexpected.

      This is your practical chance to be part of activities towards change as we mobilize and organize ourselves into direct action to demand responsive leadership.

      George Nyongesa
      Bunge la Mwananchi
                        +254 720 451 235

      Bunge la Mwananchi is a social movement and a member of Kenya National Civil Society Congress.