Maria Agnese and Samwel Venture

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
      Dear Pamela, Andrius, Janet and Maria Agnese, Jeff and All,

      My schedule has been very busy with many issues in the grassroots, and could not immediately thank everybody for the good collaboration seen to have Mbita on the limelight of our Lab Minciu-Sodas. Maria Agnese came and visited us successfully. I have been unable to keep up with the mails and read from the list and this has made me have more slow communication trends.

      We had discussed a great deal with Maria Agnese agreeing to be collaborators and partner up for Information Communication Technology empowerment for our communities both In Kenya and Tanzania . The far most arrangement is to meet the Tanzania team in November and discuss the possible initiation of an ICT project there and Maria will organize some possibilities for the success of our meeting.

      Maria Agnese is a serious lady and need more serious people to partner up with. From the list and in our agreement, we both need support on open content management which will help us to be competent Web designers and help communities we are working with to have sites for their own information handling. This in itself will give more balanced information and sharing of the activities. The Dar meeting in November will open a way for another Telecenter Gateway in Dar. We both need Pamela, Andrius and everybody’s in put concerning this move With Maria Agnese. We foresee a possibility of coming together as a team from MS Lab to implement an ICT project in Dar and Rusinga Island where Udogo youth development group operates its activities. In Dar es salaam we are going to partner up with interested youth groups or women groups to join Helen Mahoo and William Wambura.

      This meeting will take place in the third week of November 2006 in Dar es salaam . I am planning to arrive in Dar es salaam in the week end of second week and plan a meeting together with William and Helen to find the possibility of forming a steering committee and way forward. I am going to send a specific date after getting the feedback from William and Helen. We need regional and international volunteers to come up with information regarding Tanzania and ICT policies, to make this move successful.

      We agreed with Maria on a possible trip to Europe to promote what we do together and hope Andrius will organize this for next year and hope to meet a few people for more partnerships and collaborations for the betterment of the global villages.

      Thanks for everybody’s in put and to me and Udogo youth development group.
      Samwel.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
        Samwel, Thank you for your news and all your help with Agnese and your
        team in Tanzania! Yes, I have been thinking of your team and work that
        you might do. I also share two letters that you wrote me on September
        17th. Andrius, http://www.ms.lt

        Dear Andrius,
        I have been having ectic time the field and could not snd you some emails.
        I have already sent Lukas the first batch of the interview findings and
        hope all will be good, What are your plans concerning Maria Agnese
        project. I am planning to go to Dar Tanzania and Negotaite the
        collaboration and see what we can do concerning this.
        I will sending slow mails due to internet problems here send me your
        Cell phone no, mine is Sam kongere +254 725 600 439 send a SMS and I
        will send one to you.
        Thanks
        Samwel.

        ------------------------

        Dear William, Leonard, Helen,
        I am happy to send my hearty greetings to you and would wish to inform
        you and all, what I am planning to do, come to Tanzania in November.
        This is going to show the further commitment I’ve dedicated to my
        collaboration with Maria Agnese Giraudo.
        When Maria visited me in Mbita she was impressed with what we are doing
        and wished we get collaboration between us and what you do there. We can
        go on to arrange for my meeting you in November and then give feed back
        to Maria.
        You might be committed but we go on to do this arrangement. I would want
        you to get the budget for traveling to Dar es salaam by Bus, the
        accommodation there and other costs which can be incurred. You can as
        well give me the appropriate date in the last two weeks in November so
        that I can also prepare in Advance for traveling to Dar. Specify between
        which dates are good for this discussion in November.
        The objective of this meeting will be on how we can make our regional
        collaboration and get support across from others. We can as well join
        hands and see what project we can do together as a team.
        Please, go on and make our communication healthy, I have been busy
        making some reports but as soon as I ‘m through I will go on make ends
        meet, I heard William was sick how is he doing now?
        I am waiting to get your arrangement for my visit and then I will do the
        necessary on my side.
        Regards,
        Samwel.

      • Jeff Buderer
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2006
          Samwel,

          I am encouraged by your email. I think you are on the right track.

          By the way we are now working with a incubation that has focused on ICT
          development in the Urban US. They are now interested in how they might
          contribute to a process that energizes the diaspora in an effort to
          invest in building ICT ventures in Africa. Their goal is to create a
          whole "ecosystem" of services to incubate African businesses and NGOs
          effectively using the resources of the net.

          So your email is very relevant to this process.

          Keep in touch.

          Also how is your work on the proposal going?

          Jeff