MPs taxation: send congrats SMS to Hon. Muthama!

  • George Nyongesa
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2008
      Dear Kenyans and friends of Kenya,

      To pay tax is a patriotic act that all of us must be proud of. To resist or evade tax as it is with crooked businessmen and our MPs should be abhorred. However, in an out of the ordinary move, one of our legislators has boldly broken ranks with his colleagues to join Kenya's taxpayers army. He has instructed in writing the National Assembly clerk, with a copy to the Kenya Revenue Authority, that he has voluntarily accepted to be taxed on his salary and allowances. I am convinced that with more pressure from Kenyans and friends of Kenya, more and more MPs will follow suit, whether grudgingly or voluntarily, to pay tax. Please join me and send a message to Hon. Johnstone Muthama on his number:                   +254 724 256 664         , saying "Welcome to the club of Citizen's with honour".  "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." -Benjamin Franklin, 1789.

      George Nyongesa
      Bunge la Mwananchi
      +254 720 451 235
      Bunge la Mwananchi is a member of Kenya National Civil Society Congress.

    • Peter Burgess
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2008
        Dear Colleagues

        Very good ...

        But maybe also there should be messages going to the other MPs to ask
        them what they are going to do in this regard

        Peter
        Peter Burgess
        The Transparency and Accountability Network: Tr-Ac-Net in New York
        www.tr-ac-net.org
        Community Accountancy
        Integrated Malaria Management Consortium (IMMC)
        917 432 1191 or 212 772 6918 peterbnyc@...