Re: [learningfromeachother] Chat with us today, Friday, Saturday

  • ACTWID KONGADZEM
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2008
      Dear Andrius,Pam and all,
      We have been very interested in joining you at the
      chatroom but did not know precisely what that time is
      in our local time in Cameroon; Can you kindly help us
      to check what time it is precisely for us here?
      We wanted you and Pam to know that we all here too are
      interested in the World without poverty books too and
      will also like you to experiment with us the community
      currency project and the pads for peace project
      too.Our situation here is almost same like that of
      Uganda as we see;
      Since we missed you in the chatroom yesterday, kindly
      let us know what time it will start in our own country
      here today and tomorrow saturday too.
      Andrius, we are happy to share with you that the flask
      sticks,CD one memory all arrived safely this morning
      too;We all very much acknowledge receipt and
      appreciate them and send you many thanks with big hugs
      from Cameroon.You may know that we are actually rural
      and marginalized women and youths of the global
      South who have had difficulties gfetting our agenda
      heard on a global stage. Now we feel a bit comfortable
      knowing you and joining you all at these groups and we
      are already quite confident that learning from each
      other and hlistichelping groups members will be the
      ones to help us realize our long standing dreams as
      you have started doing it already. We really want to
      get connected in the ICT world as well as join other
      members in other projects around farming wxhich is
      what we do daily here and other projects.
      We will also share with you that we had good news too
      yesterday as we got two visitors from Cotonou into our
      office facility coming to buy someof our locally
      processed Artemisia herbs tea directed by one person
      in Cameroon; They bought ten packets of the tea
      at1000frs cfa each which is about 25usdollars for all
      but we were really happy not necessarily for the
      money alone but that they recognized the tea we grow
      and process locally here.We barely had no franc in our
      office facility again and these visitors came to our
      aid.So we were grateful to God for the direction.
      We all still wish to remind you that we are interested
      in participating in the January meeting or conference
      you talked of Andrius .We donot have any problem here
      of getting any visa for a conference or meeting when
      we are invited so we wish to assure you of that too.
      Immense thanks hope to meet you at the chatroom if we
      have the time clearly herein Cameroon but while
      praying too that electricity should not be
      interrrupted as usual when this time comes.
      Sincerely Wendi, Killo Shang and other members of
      ACTWID.

      http://www.pbs.org/idealab/author/andrius_kulikauskas/
> [...]
      > >
      > > 13.00 Nigerian time, 15.00 East African time,
      > 12.00 Greenwich Mean Time
      > > (i.e
      > > London time now we have put the clocks back for
      > the winter)
      > >
      > > ~ What to chat about
      > >
      > > These chats are one of the ways that we are
      > Learning From Each Other. One
      > > of
      > > the things we been discussing is the Yunus Book
      > World Without Poverty
      > > (WWP). We are interested in the ideas and what
      > practical things we can do
      > > as
      > > a result of reading them. However reading the
      > books is not easy for
      > > everyone, especially if English is not your first
      > language. Now there are
      > > some DVDs to help us share and understand the WWP
      > ideas better. I have had
      > > 100 of the CDs from Chris. So far I have managed
      > to get some to Fantusam
      > > Foundation - FF (so recently that no-one will have
      > seen them yet) and I
      > > also
      > > gave a few to Thomas to take back to Lithurania.
      > We need to find good ways
      > > to share the DVDs around. It would be good to
      > discuss that. If I sent them
      > > in one package to Nairobi would they get passed on
      > to everyone?
      > >
      > > WWP encourages us to look at various community
      > development ideas including
      > > business ideas (all of the WWP ideas have to be
      > sustainable). Maybe our
      > > ideas will not work quite like the WWP book ones,
      > but we can exchange
      > > ideas
      > > and experiences to find out what works. That is
      > what the Internet is good
      > > at
      > > - helping us to share ideas and learn from each
      > other.
      > >
      > > Some people at Fantsuam are interested in
      > bee-keeping, but do not have
      > > enough money to get started. Sasha says there are
      > some low cost DIY ways
      > > start getting equipment. I hope we will find
      > effective ways to learn more
      > > about that.
      > >
      > > John Dada says that at Fantsuam people learn
      > twice, once by doing
      > > something
      > > and again by sharing what they know. I think this
      > is a good philosophy. I
      > > hope that through LearningFromEachOther we will
      > keep discovering the
      > > different things that we know and then find out
      > how we can share what we
      > > know with each other. I have been able to catch
      > up with everything that
      > > is
      > > going on at Fantsuam during my recent visit. I
      > have not been able to get
      > > back to East Africa again for a Face to Face catch
      > up there - but we have
      > > the Internet.
      > >
      > > I took the WWP books to FF. John Dada was very
      > impressed by the Danone
      > > yoghurt story. We gave a couple of WWP books to
      === message truncated ===
    • Benoit Couture
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2008
        Salut Wendy,

        Here is a reference for you to keep and to use as much as you need when it comes to lining up the time's synchronicity amongst us, humans, who seek to be tuned in together like a musical instrument, with the planet's relativity to the sun, stars and galaxies:

        I pray that the coming chattings that you invite us to, may be blessed by God's Spirit, feeding and leading each participants' thoughts and words, towards the liberating action needed and offered by His Presence in our midst and by our obedient response to Him, with a love that comes from a pure heart, from a sincere faith and from a good conscience...

        As the apostles Paul writes:

        "..when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.  Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
        But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2Cor3,16b-18

        and

        "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
        Brethren, pray for us.
        Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
        I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren.
        The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen." 1 Thess 5, 23-28

        ...amen to God's yes in us all...

        ...may all blessings be with us all...

        Benoit Couture,
        Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
        Where we seek to grow
        The perpetual celebration of Easter,
        upon the Land of Emmanuel....
        ...in order to serve humanity
        by carrying on
        with the last stage
        of the Church's purification on Earth...

        ...until our Lord returns...amen!!!...!!!...

> [...]

        > > about that.
        > >
        > > John Dada says that at Fantsuam people learn
        > twice, once by doing
        > > something
        > > and again by sharing what they know. I think this
        > is a good philosophy. I
        > > hope that through LearningFromEachOth er we will
        > keep discovering the
        > > different things that we know and then find out
        > how we can share what we
        > > know with each other. I have been able to catch
        > up with everything that
        > > is
        > > going on at Fantsuam during my recent visit. I
        > have not been able to get
        > > back to East Africa again for a Face to Face catch
        > up there - but we have
        > > the Internet.
        > >
        > > I took the WWP books to FF. John Dada was very
        > impressed by the Danone
        > > yoghurt story. We gave a couple of WWP books to
        === message truncated ===