Chat with us today, Friday, Saturday

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
      I blogged about three chats at our help room. http://www.helproom.org I
      appreciate our help to make this a vibrant online venue.

      Chat with us Thursday, November 6
      12:00 London, 13:00 Nigeria, 15:00 East Africa.
      Pamela McLean invites us to chat on the first Thursday of every month.

      I took the World Without Poverty books [by Muhammad Yunus thanks to
      Chris Macrae] to Fantsuam Foundation. John Dada was very impressed by
      the Danone yoghurt story. [...] Fantsuam Foundation [in Nigeria] is
      constructing some fish ponds at the eco-village. It has already done
      some learning about fish farming, at its first Fish Farm at Bayan
      Loco. [...] Our chat will be led by Nikki - from Dadamac UK - as I
      will be attending an OpenEverything [...] Building our skills at
      communcating online is an important part of LearningFromEachOther

      Chat with us Friday, November 7
      10:00 Chicago, 16:00 London, 18:00 Harare

      Children's author Masimba Biriwasha returned to Zimbabwe when the power
      sharing agreement was signed. He's an eloquent blogger and thoughtful
      organizer. I hope we might organize around him with regular chats to
      respond to the heartbreaking Zimbabwean reality along with many brave
      hearts there, such as Bev Clark of Freedom Fone and Alex Weir of 3DWCD.

      Masimba is organizing the sending of books to Zimbabwe. I'd like to
      support distribution of "print-on-demand" books by our participants (like
      blogs by Marcin Jakubowski or Flemming Funch) and thereby build
      relationships. I'd like to experiment with community currency in Zimbabwe
      (which has a huge inflation rate). We might also send women's sanitary
      wear. As Janet Feldman says, Pads for Peace.

      ugandasoccer.jpg

      Chat with us Saturday, November 8
      10:00 Chicago, 16:00 London, 19:00 East Africa

      Fred Kayiwa of Uganda staffs our chat room on Saturdays thanks to a $100
      gift from St.Benedict the African's choir. We're taking our first steps
      to link Chicago and Africa with our chat room. Last Saturday I called
      David Ellison-Bey with Skype and walked him step-by-step through the links
      into our chat room.

      David: andrius, can you read me

      Andrius Kulikauskas: Yes, wonderful!

      David's words give me hope that he might engage us as an elder in our
      online community. Charles Williams visited us at David's home and I want
      to give him $100 for his further help to set up Skype on the laptop I
      bought for David last year which he's not yet managed to use as we hoped.
      Maybe even dual boot Ubuntu alongside the Windows Vista which is so slow.
      My goal is that we all video bridge with David using video Skype as we did
      for the Global Utopias project. We need friends to be friends.

      See you there!

      Here is my full post:
      http://www.pbs.org/idealab/author/andrius_kulikauskas/
      Thank you for your comments! Thank you Fred!

      Pamela McLean:

    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2008
        Dear Andrius,Pam and all,
        We have been very interested in joining you at the
        chatroom but did not know precisely what that time is
        in our local time in Cameroon; Can you kindly help us
        to check what time it is precisely for us here?
        We wanted you and Pam to know that we all here too are
        interested in the World without poverty books too and
        will also like you to experiment with us the community
        currency project and the pads for peace project
        too.Our situation here is almost same like that of
        Uganda as we see;
        Since we missed you in the chatroom yesterday, kindly
        let us know what time it will start in our own country
        here today and tomorrow saturday too.
        Andrius, we are happy to share with you that the flask
        sticks,CD one memory all arrived safely this morning
        too;We all very much acknowledge receipt and
        appreciate them and send you many thanks with big hugs
        from Cameroon.You may know that we are actually rural
        and marginalized women and youths of the global
        South who have had difficulties gfetting our agenda
        heard on a global stage. Now we feel a bit comfortable
        knowing you and joining you all at these groups and we
        are already quite confident that learning from each
        other and hlistichelping groups members will be the
        ones to help us realize our long standing dreams as
        you have started doing it already. We really want to
        get connected in the ICT world as well as join other
        members in other projects around farming wxhich is
        what we do daily here and other projects.
        We will also share with you that we had good news too
        yesterday as we got two visitors from Cotonou into our
        office facility coming to buy someof our locally
        processed Artemisia herbs tea directed by one person
        in Cameroon; They bought ten packets of the tea
        at1000frs cfa each which is about 25usdollars for all
        but we were really happy not necessarily for the
        money alone but that they recognized the tea we grow
        and process locally here.We barely had no franc in our
        office facility again and these visitors came to our
        aid.So we were grateful to God for the direction.
        We all still wish to remind you that we are interested
        in participating in the January meeting or conference
        you talked of Andrius .We donot have any problem here
        of getting any visa for a conference or meeting when
        we are invited so we wish to assure you of that too.
        Immense thanks hope to meet you at the chatroom if we
        have the time clearly herein Cameroon but while
        praying too that electricity should not be
        interrrupted as usual when this time comes.
        Sincerely Wendi, Killo Shang and other members of
        ACTWID.

        === message truncated ===
      • Benoit Couture
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2008
          Salut Wendy,

          Here is a reference for you to keep and to use as much as you need when it comes to lining up the time's synchronicity amongst us, humans, who seek to be tuned in together like a musical instrument, with the planet's relativity to the sun, stars and galaxies:

          I pray that the coming chattings that you invite us to, may be blessed by God's Spirit, feeding and leading each participants' thoughts and words, towards the liberating action needed and offered by His Presence in our midst and by our obedient response to Him, with a love that comes from a pure heart, from a sincere faith and from a good conscience...

          As the apostles Paul writes:

          "..when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.  Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
          But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2Cor3,16b-18

          and

          "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
          Brethren, pray for us.
          Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
          I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren.
          The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen." 1 Thess 5, 23-28

          ...amen to God's yes in us all...

          ...may all blessings be with us all...

          Benoit Couture,
          Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
          Where we seek to grow
          The perpetual celebration of Easter,
          upon the Land of Emmanuel....
          ...in order to serve humanity
          by carrying on
          with the last stage
          of the Church's purification on Earth...

          ...until our Lord returns...amen!!!...!!!...

> [...]

          > > about that.
          > >
          > > John Dada says that at Fantsuam people learn
          > twice, once by doing
          > > something
          > > and again by sharing what they know. I think this
          > is a good philosophy. I
          > > hope that through LearningFromEachOth er we will
          > keep discovering the
          > > different things that we know and then find out
          > how we can share what we
          > > know with each other. I have been able to catch
          > up with everything that
          > > is
          > > going on at Fantsuam during my recent visit. I
          > have not been able to get
          > > back to East Africa again for a Face to Face catch
          > up there - but we have
          > > the Internet.
          > >
          > > I took the WWP books to FF. John Dada was very
          > impressed by the Danone
          > > yoghurt story. We gave a couple of WWP books to
          === message truncated ===