Support Waki report: Join the army to fight impunity in Kenya!

  • George Nyongesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2008

      Dear Kenyans and friends of Kenya,

      The culture of political impunity is bleeding Kenya to death! Our political class has grown wild like a rogue elephant: they kill us remorselessly and they burn our property heartlessly. Who shall stop these plunderers?

      The Commission of Inquiry into Post-election Violence report commonly referred to as the Waki report is a historical opportunity to halt permanently the culture of impunity in our country. However, in the characteristic style of Kenya's political leadership, the political class has ganged up in rare unity to deny victims of impunity a chance to justice. The suspect politicians are deploying massive political rhetoric to deny the evil they committed, to disparage the Waki report and to divert the public attention to non-issues.

      It is important that Kenyans understand that the 528 pages contain crucial findings and recommendations beyond what the envelop holds. Kenyans, we must demand and settle for nothing but full implementation of Waki report; be it through a local tribunal or the Hague.

      The way I see it, the political class has succeeded for far too long in looting our lives and livelihoods because of good people's inaction.  Kenyans (and friends of Kenya), as Barack Obama makes history against old politics of impunity, we too must vigorously resist the grand impunity of our political class! Consider joining the growing army against culture of impunity by signing a petition at
      http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/waki-report-join-in-the-fight-against-the-culture-of-impunity; an initiative of Bunge la Mwananchi. Recruit more soldiers to the army by forwarding this email to your friends and networks.

      Bunge la Mwananchi is social movement that creates platforms for mobilizing and organizing Kenyans to fight social injustice and unaccountable leadership in Kenya. For more information visit www.bulamwa.co.ke

      George Nyongesa

      Bunge la Mwananchi

      www.bulamwa.co.ke

      +254 720 451 235