YES WE CAN!/Greatest Thanks for Your Messages abt President Obama!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2008
      Hello Dear Friends,

      Immense thanks for your congratulations on the election of Senator Barack Obama as the next President of the United States!  This unprecedented event in American and indeed in world history has filled me and countless others with the deepest joy and the greatest hope, too.

      I have often been smiling through tears during the past two days, thinking of all those who overcame doubts and fears to cast a vote for the future, or who are no longer here among us to savor this victory, but who are with us in spirit, people like Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Frederick Douglass, countless African-Americans and Africans who came to this country in chains.

      Black slaves built the White House, and now a Black President will live in it, as arguably the most powerful individual in the world. Forty years ago Martin Luther King said it so eloquently:  "the arc of history is long, but it bends towards justice".  Justice on a cosmic scale has been done today, and the dream deferred is now a dream unfurled!

      I know that many of you (in Kenya and elsewhere) have been following this election avidly, so I'm glad we can celebrate around the world together, and work for a brighter future for us all. YES WE CAN!!!!

      With love and infinite blessings always, Janet