Asante Sana for the Response to Tom!/info in case anyone can help (Kisumu)/medicine shortages an issue

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2008
      Dear Friends,

      Asante sana for all the support, caring, and prayers extended to Tom Ochuka in the past two days, and here is a bit more info in case anyone can help. Tom is in Kisumu, so most of the help is needed there. If anyone does want to make a contribution, Tom's email address is tomochuka@..., and his phone # is listed below.

      Tom, what you say in your note about the lack of vaccines and medicines is something Hezekiah and Tom Obiero have also talked about, and I hope we in the KCA and other settings will try to find ways to address this situation. It was brought up a couple years ago with Bengelina--a young girl in Kisumu who died tragically and needlessly due to lack of medicines and proper healthcare--so clearly this is an ongoing problem, made worse by the post-election crisis earlier this year.

      We will be with you in spirit during this weekend and throughout the difficult time ahead, Tom, and know that our prayers and deepest sympathies are extended to you and to your family. With love and comforting wishes, Janet
      From: Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>
      To: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, Kenya-aids@yahoogroups.com, kca_main@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 12:51 AM

      Dear All,

      Word has reached us that Tom Ochuka of Deaf Impact Ministry, a member of these forums (and of KCA the org), has just lost his young daughter, Barbara, to fever.  Tom, we are all so deeply sad and sorry for this terrible tragedy:  I remember just a short time ago you writing with excitement and pride about her birth.

      We are with you and your family in spirit, and we are extending our deepest sympathies and support to you at this most difficult time. We know what a blow this is, and losing a child is especially hard to bear.  Please let us know if and how we can be helpful, and we will surely be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

      We hope that you will be surrounded by family and friends, and that you will take some solace in the invaluable work you do on behalf of all children, which is hugely inspiring and ever "alive", as is the soul of your dear, departed daughter.

      With greatest condolences, comfort, and lovingkindness always, Janet