Peter's report on the Solar Panel

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2008
      Peter Ongele: I would gladly report that the Solar Panel for phone battery
      charger is successfully charging the Nokia battery for 8 hours and retains
      the power for 3 days unlike the main electricity charger which is of 1
      hour and the battery stays with power for 7 days.

      Peter,

      That is a very helpful report. Does this mean that the solar panel is not
      very practical for a phone recharging business? Because it seems that it
      can only recharge one phone per day. And that phone needs to have an
      extra battery so it can be swapped. So for the phone battery charger to
      be useful, each location - house, village, school - must have its own,
      yes? But perhaps there can be a business selling the panels? Your news
      is very helpful - Thank you! I will use it for an Includer post.

      Thank you also to all for writing about our personal situations and
      feelings. It's important for us to know, understand and appreciate the
      stresses in our life. Certainly it is very stressful to live in a region
      where people suffer food shortages. Thank you, Peter, for your important
      work. It doesn't make sense for us to advise you or others, but rather,
      we can all share from our own lives, what we are learning as we grow.
      Thank you, Kofi, Samwel, Kennedy and all for our thoughtful letters!

      +1 312 618 3345

      Last weekend in the chat room, Graham suggested to us to join Biochar
      group. There are more important discussions going on there which are
      very healthy for people like us who gear for food production
      innovative projects. They are developing the sense of awareness on
      Biochar and its application on large scales more so to the developing
      countries in different parts of the world.
      Biochar is secondary way of retaining the farm fertility for years
      unlike organic manures which needs replenishing every planting
      seasons.
      ...our crops are always associated with destructive insects which
      survives their complete circles enjoying the application of husks, leaves
      etc for composed manures in our farms every season thus it becomes
      difficult to control the destructive insects in our farms...whereby when
      we put more efforts to develop the our biomass into biochar then we would
      possibly eliminate these insects.
      There are discussions, on how we can take care of our forests without
      necessarily cutting our trees down. More cheaper methods of making
      charcoal for biochar using husks from maize, rice, finger millet , and
      all sorts of wastes which we use to develop biomass for organic
      manures.
      There are others uses of Biochar which are very interesting of which I
      feel anybody should not be left out. I would invite all of us to join
      to learn news things togather.
      Peter Ongele.