Wendi, Janet , all help with Includer blog!

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2008
      Wendi, Janet, is this the address for Actwid Kongadzem?
      WendiLoshaBernadette, P.O.Box 16 Bamenda, Cameroon
      Wendi, I want to send you some flash drives.

      Janet, Wendi, please send me some photos of yourselves. I will put them
      up with my blog post, The Includer, Episode 1, Sisterhood.

      I have started blogging about The Includer at the PBS website
      http://www.pbs.org/idealab/
      I'm writing it like a serial novel. I hope it makes for a story, a novel,
      after one year. We'll see.

      I will be blogging my rough drafts at
      http://www.includer.org
      And I will be working on my ideas for blog posts at our wiki
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?IncluderBlog

      I invite all of us to send ideas, texts, information about inclusion
      and/or the Includer. I will draw from them. The blog is a great
      opportunity to link to our people and our websites. It shows up, for
      example, on Google News. More generally, anything that you think the media
      doesn't cover but should, please let us know, and we'll think of a way to
      link it to inclusion and to the Includer, and certainly, to you.

      I ask for lots of photos, especially from our African participants. I
      assume that they are in the Public Domain so that they are copyright-free
      and all can share and use them freely without any restriction.

      My parents sent me one month of support ($2,500), and I expect another
      three months of support ($7,100) from the Knight Foundation in the next
      month or so. This means that I can and will go to Lithuania on October
      14. I will work from there until the New Year and then see what work I
      might find.

      Thank you to Robert Mostyn, John Rogers, Benoit Couture, Chuck Learned,
      John Waters, for very meaningful letters about "meaningful dialogue" at
      Cyfranogi http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cyfranogi/messages/ My own
      dialogue with us all and with my parents has helped me find my way these
      next few months, not simply in terms of what "I need", but rather also
      what "we want". I ask us - I challenge us - to think how we can be there
      for each other as we would like to, for that is a foundation for a real
      economy. I think of Tom Ochuka - rather than simply donations for
      Christine, can we think through work or research that the deaf community
      might do for us all to earn such money. I think of Peter Ongele - can we
      think through what a mobile phone recharging business might look like and
      what kind of loan or arrangement could get it started? I think of Marcin
      Jakubowski and his crowdsourcing strategy for Factor E Farm - how might we
      work together and invest in each other? I think of myself - who would like
      to invest themselves in establishing a help center or other projects and
      how might we share resources? who might I turn to if I need help or
      credit four months from now? and who can I and others help in the
      meanwhile?

      +1 312 618 3345
    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
        Dear Andrius,
        Thank you immensely for the address of ACTWID
        KONGADZEM NGO which you have written out correctly.
        Yes ,you can send the flash drives using this same
        address. It is correct.
        I will send you the photos on monday whe i return to
        the city.
        Thank you immensely.
        Wendi

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
          Dear Andrius and All,

          Hello and thanks immensely for all this wonderful news! I'm delighted abt
          the flashdrives, Andrius and Wendi, and am sure they will be helpful.

          My apologies for taking some time to respond to this note: I have been off
          in another world, it seems, doing a lot offline with caregiving, and also
          some things related to Haiti, a place where I have deep roots and many
          friends.

          Andrius, I have no recent pix of myself, and the one I am using when people
          ask for photos is a funny one (an international woman of mystery...in a
          beret and sunglasses, holding a piece of folk art I call "Vincent Van Cat").
          Is that OK, or do you want ones where people can actually see my face :)))?

          The only one I can think of, which I don't like that much but it suits the
          purpose, is the photo that goes with the story abt me--written for a RI
          newspaper--that you have posted among MS materials, Andrius (not sure
          exactly where it is now).

          I think it's a wonderful idea to do the blog like a storybook/novel, and we
          can surely think of many more ideas to contribute on the theme of technology
          and inclusion.

          Some ideas that come to mind, related to people you mention below, are
          linked to disabilities (or differing abilities) and inclusion, HIV/AIDS and
          inclusion, rural communities and inclusion, agriculture/farming, young
          people, women. I think of some of this related to Tom Ochuka and Peter
          Ongele, given the work they do.

          An arts/handcrafts focus would be interesting (I'm thinking of Wendi and
          Sam), and the preservation-sharing-dissemination of traditional knowledge
          (Fantsuam Foundation). Some focus related to income-generation, as well as
          to ICTs directly (training on, access to, building of) would also be great.

          I think it's very important for us to move beyond the "donor-recipient"
          approach to helping others, so I am eager to pick up on some of these ideas
          related to research and other things we might do to engage with and include
          the deaf community in Kenya and elsewhere in our MS-related work, as well as
          helping to make linkages from the local to the international levels for and
          among people with disabilities, and between these individuals and groups and
          the world-at-large.

          The bottom line in all of this, as David so rightly characterized it, is
          understanding that we are "family": the people here at MS, those of us
          living in the urban USA and those of us living in rural Cameroon, those of
          us who are hearing and those of us who do not hear but who have many other
          abilities, those of us affected by HIV/AIDS and those of us who are not. If
          we work with that in mind, inclusion will become both a way of "viewing" and
          a way of "doing".

          Thanks so much to you and all, and I will be back more regularly as soon as
          possible. Do let me know abt the pix too (esp the one where I am "feline
          fine", haha!).

          With love and blessings, Janet

> [...]
          > what "we want". I ask us - I challenge us - to think how we can be there
          > for each other as we would like to, for that is a foundation for a real
          > economy. I think of Tom Ochuka - rather than simply donations for
          > Christine, can we think through work or research that the deaf community
          > might do for us all to earn such money. I think of Peter Ongele - can we
          > think through what a mobile phone recharging business might look like and
          > what kind of loan or arrangement could get it started? I think of Marcin
          > Jakubowski and his crowdsourcing strategy for Factor E Farm - how might we
          > work together and invest in each other? I think of myself - who would like
          > to invest themselves in establishing a help center or other projects and
          > how might we share resources? who might I turn to if I need help or
          > credit four months from now? and who can I and others help in the

        • tom ochuka
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2008
            Dear Janet,
              Sorry for much care thi s time hope you got some mails to you about some activities with us ,,just recently the deaf as adisabled group can achive much by networking nad inclussion. your concern for this gruop has made us achieve much.most of this we ha  dicussed with you like about juiliana and all.see aseparate note
            Thanks
            TOM OCHUKA

> [...]
            > what "we want". I ask us - I challenge us - to think how we can be there
            > for each other as we would like to, for that is a foundation for a real
            > economy. I think of Tom Ochuka - rather than simply donations for
            > Christine, can we think through work or research that the deaf community
            > might do for us all to earn such money. I think of Peter Ongele - can we
            > think through what a mobile phone recharging business might look like and
            > what kind of loan or arrangement could get it started? I think of Marcin
            > Jakubowski and his crowdsourcing strategy for Factor E Farm - how might we
            > work together and invest in each other? I think of myself - who would like
            > to invest themselves in establishing a help center or other projects and
            > how might we share resources? who might I turn to if I need help or
            > credit four months from now? and who can I and others help in the

          • Sabrina Jung
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2008
              Hey dear all,

              does anybody know people who know more about
              COB HOUSE BUILDING

              SOLAR ENERGY RESOURCES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES LIKE KENYA

              PEOPLE WHO WANT TO CREATE A CREATIVE NETWORK IN KENYA

              ??? I am interested to get into touch with people of such an interest to share and get joined together.
              Thanks a lot,
              Best wishes and with appreciation of this wonderful group,

              Mina

              On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 1:26 PM, tom ochuka <tomochuka@...> wrote:

> [...]

              > what "we want". I ask us - I challenge us - to think how we can be there
              > for each other as we would like to, for that is a foundation for a real
              > economy. I think of Tom Ochuka - rather than simply donations for
              > Christine, can we think through work or research that the deaf community
              > might do for us all to earn such money. I think of Peter Ongele - can we
              > think through what a mobile phone recharging business might look like and
              > what kind of loan or arrangement could get it started? I think of Marcin
              > Jakubowski and his crowdsourcing strategy for Factor E Farm - how might we
              > work together and invest in each other? I think of myself - who would like
              > to invest themselves in establishing a help center or other projects and
              > how might we share resources? who might I turn to if I need help or
              > credit four months from now? and who can I and others help in the

              Jung Sabrina (Mina)
              International Director of Mina Academy
              RSS 25
              13591 Jaerna
              Sweden

              Mobile: +46-765810127
              Skype: miwenda

              Jacob Ogweno Ogweno
              Local Director and Project Coordinator of Mina Academy
              P.O.BOX 192
              40305 Mbita
              Kenya

              Mobile: +245726095945

              www.minaacademykenya.blogspot.com
              www.picasaweb.google.com/mina.academy
              www.idem-network.org
              www.yip.se
            • Samwel Kongere
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 4, 2008
                I am home in Rusinga after various visits. Am joining
                Peter and Graham in working with solar power. At home
                am using solar power charging phones et al. I am
                grateful to Ricardo, Chris and Graham. I will up date
                you Mina while i go to Nairobi to meet others.
                Samwel.

                cgi?IncluderBlog<http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?IncluderBlog>

                > > > I invite all of us to send ideas, texts,
                > information about inclusion
                > > > and/or the Includer. I will draw from them. The
                > blog is a great
                > > > opportunity to link to our people and our
                > websites. It shows up, for
                > > > example, on Google News. More generally,
                > anything that you think the

                === message truncated ===

              • Samwel Kongere
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2008
                  --- Samwel Kongere <jambita1@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > > the world-at-large.
                  > > >
                  > > > The bottom line in all of this, as David so
                  > > rightly characterized it, is
                  > > > understanding that we are "family": the people
                  > > here at MS, those of us
                  > > > living in the urban USA and those of us living
                  > in
                  > > rural Cameroon, those of
                  > > > us who are hearing and those of us who do not
                  > hear
                  > > but who have many other
                  > > > abilities, those of us affected by HIV/AIDS and
                  > > those of us who are not. If
                  > > >
                  > > > we work with that in mind, inclusion will become
                  > > both a way of "viewing"
                  > > > and
                  > > > a way of "doing".
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks so much to you and all, and I will be
                  > back
                  > > more regularly as soon as
                  > > >
                  > > > possible. Do let me know abt the pix too (esp

                  === message truncated ===